Half-Day Exploration of Iwashimizu-Hachiman Shrine with Local Guide in Kyoto
Are you bit tired of hustles and bustles of Kyoto-city? Only 20 minutes train ride from downtown Kyoto, you'll find tranquil small town of Yawata where the National Treasure Iwashimizu Hachimangu(Shrine) locates. It's on the top of Mt. Otokoyama where you can see many rare plants and small animals. The Shrine is dedicated to 3 kami( deities) which collectively known as Hachiman-Okami, one of them is an ancient Japanese Emperor. Local guide will tell you background of the shrine at this sacred site. After the shrine, we'll visit a hidden treasure of Yawata-city, Shokado-Garden where various types of bamboos and 300 camellia trees. That spacious garden rarely be crowded, so you'll enjoy greenery and tranquility also.
A friendly Japanese guide from the town will lead you to explorer this small lovely town. The tour is conducted in English.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Shokado Garden Art Museum
What's excluded :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Iwashimizu Hachimangu, 30 Yawatatakabo, Yawata 614-8588 Kyoto Prefecture
Climbing up Mt. Otokoyama by Cable-line, you'll reach the National Treasure Shrine where 3 deities are worshiped since AD 859. Learn about history of Hachiman-Okami tradition of Japan and feel sacred atmosphere of the area. From the top of Mt. Otokoyama, you overlooks Yawata city where three of Kyoto's major rivers meet. Descent on foot exploring scattered traces of monasteries.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Shokado Garden Art Museum, 43 Yawata Ominaeshi, Yawata 614-8077 Kyoto Prefecture
You'll explore Japanese garden of Shokado without crowds. The Garden is made on surface of 22,000 square meters and has 40 kinds of bamboo and nearly 300 camellia trees. It holds 3 tea-houses and it shows beautiful scenery across all 4 seasons. Only entrance fee to the Garden is included, not Museum.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Iwashimizu-Hachimangu Station, Japan, 〒614-8001 Kyoto, Yawata, Shinade−1−番地
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.