Half-Day Exclusive Private Tour of Pompeii and Herculaneum
If you're a history buff and want to see the wonders of two world renowned archaeological sites, this Exclusive Private Tour of Pompeii and Herculaneum the perfect experience for you! This archaeological adventure provides you with an expert private guide who will tell you all about that ominous day in 79 A.D., when both Pompeii and Herculaneum were destroyed by the powerful Mt Vesuvius eruption.
Most travelers only visit Pompeii but Herculaneum is well worth a visit too, thanks to its impeccable preservation which has given us even more insight into the lives of residents from thousands of years ago. These two towns, once thriving commercial centers, were both completely wiped out away in just one afternoon. This tour will tell you all about that day, their thriving history and culture.
Enjoy this dive back into Ancient Roman History in the intimacy and comfort of your very own Private group. Ask all the questions you wish to your private expert guide, and move at your own pace.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private Tour of Pompeii and Hercolaneum
- Transfer from Pompeii to Herculaneum
- Skip-the-Line Entrance to both sites
- Local Professional and Expert Guide
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii Archaeological Park
- Entry/Admission - Parco Acheologico di Ercolano
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pompeii Archaeological Park, Porta Marina (via Villa dei Misteri), 80045 Pompeii Italy
You will begin your tour with a warm welcome from your expert guide who will take you directly into the excavations of Pompeii with skip-the-line access! Your guide will take you on a journey through ancient road mapping, residential planning and marvel sewage systems. Being a valuable commercial trade town, your guide will also take you around the “shops” which lined the streets to catch the attention of traveling tradesmen. The walk through these excavation grounds is fascinating, and you are sure to hear stories worth reading up on once you are back home. You will be visiting the Forum of Pompeii, the pulse of the city where residents practiced religious, economic and commercial life. You will pass the ancient basilica of town, a preserved architectural prototype of the Christian basilica for years to come. One of the more interesting walks in Pompeii is the one through residential neighborhoods where you can hear tales of just how the private residents of Pompeii lived… and loved!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Parco Acheologico di Ercolano, Corso Resina, 187, 80056 Ercolano Italy
Just a short 5 miles southeast of Naples lies an ancient town which is known by archaeologists, locals and history lovers, a town whose richness and history is on par with that of Pompeii: Herculaneum. Your guide will accompany you on a quick ride to the this site to begin the second half of your adventure.
The town of Herculaneum is often noted as a “better preserved” Pompeii as the volcanic material which covered it helped preserve not only the framework of the homes and buildings, but also the more delicate materials such as wood and other natural substances. This makes for an archaeologist and tourist’s dream! You get to see the very beds and even food remnants left behind from that deadly day. There is no closer look into history than a walk around Herculaneum. Depending on the route for the day, some of the attractions you will see in Herculaneum include the House of Galba, the Thermal Baths and wonderful mosaic floors, the Samnite House and plenty more.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Via Villa dei Misteri, 1, 80045 Pompei NA, Italy
Return Detail :Herculaneum Ruins, Corso Resina, 187, 80056 Ercolano NA, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- LivTours’ is and has always been founded on sustainable and safe tourism. We are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, especially in this time. Due to Covid-19 safety regulations, sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.