Half Day East Salalah Tour in Dhofar Mountains and Beaches By Beautiful Salalah
This 4 hours tour will take you to a magical journey to the Eastern side of Salalah, where one of best landscape of the Middle East awaits you.
The most popular valley of the Dhofar Region, Wadi Darbat will be your first stop. Here you will be seeing the seasonal waterfall (if its there at the time of your visit), a spring where you can do boating (kayaking, paddle boat, motor boat) overlooking the mountain of Jabal Qara series. A trip to Salalah is incomplete without visiting this beautiful valley.
Sumharam Archeological site is a place where you can see the remains of an old city and a small museum is on site - Sumhuram Archeological Gallery.
Taqa Castle is one of Dhofar’s most distinguished landmarks, which was built in the 19th century. Its walls were constructed from solid blocks of ‘Taqa Stone’, a local limestone material composed chiefly of fossilized shells and corals.
Taqa Beach and Taqa city will also be covered in this tour, which is a great place to visit.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Pick and Drop from Hotel or Airport or Seaport
- Experienced Omani guide who can speak English and Arabic
- Transport by private vehicle: Saloon Car for up to 3 adults or 2 adults...
- Transport by private vehicle: 4x4 Car from 4 adults to 6 adults
- Transport by private vehicle: Mini Van / Coaster for 7 or more adults
- Entrance fees to Sumhuram Archaeological site and Taqa Castle is included
- Boating (Paddle / Motor / Kayak) at Wadi Darbat is included in Tour price
What's excluded :
- Gratuities / Tips are welcomed but not included in mentioned price
- Lunch - Breakfast / lunch / dinner not included, but can be provided at additional cost of 5 Omani Rials per person
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
- Entry/Admission - Sumhuram Old City
- Entry/Admission - Taqah Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wadi Darbat, Salalah Oman
Here you will be seeing the seasonal waterfalls (if its there at the time of your visit), a spring where you can do pedal boating, kayaking and motor boating (boating at own cost) overlooking the mountain of Jabal Qara series. A trip to Salalah is incomplete without visiting this beautiful valley and it is one of the most visited place in Dhofar Region. You can do trekking from one point of the valley to another.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Sumhuram Old City, 49 Sumhuram Street, Salalah 211 Oman
Sumhuram Archeological site is an ancient city, which was once used to trade Frankinscene to the world. The ruins sit atop a small hill above the tranquil waters of Khor Rori and was build in 3rd century BC. This is also known to be a place of Queen Sheeba Palace.
There is a walking track to cover the site on foot. It's a great walk and you can see the birds and water at Khor Rori, which is visible from this area.
There is also a gallery - Sumhuram Archaeological Galley where the artifacts excavated from this site are displayed.
Duration: 35 minutes
Pass By: Khor Rori, Oman
This is a fascinating place, where you can see the water and birds from Sumhuram Archaeological site
Stop At: Taqah Castle, Taqah, Salalah 211 Oman
Taqa Castle is one of Dhofar’s most distinguished landmarks, which was built in the 19th century. Its walls were constructed from solid blocks of ‘Taqa Stone’, a local limestone material composed chiefly of fossilized shells and corals. You can see the well, roofless jail, formal sitting area also known as majlis, bedrooms, kitchen and stores. In these areas you will see traditional weaponry, jewelry, every day household items and fascinating traditional colorful pieces of clothes.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Taqa Beach, Unnamed Road، Taqah, Oman
Although Taqa is famous for its castle but Taqa has a great beach also and is a great spot for birds watching. The view of Taqa city is great from the beach side.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Any hotel in Salalah cityPorts
- Salalah Aiport
- Port of Salalah
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.