Half-Day Cycling Tour of Maras and Moray from Cusco
This Peru mountain bike tour offers high altitude biking and cycling through the Andean mountains near Cusco, passing the city of Maras and the Inca terraces of Moray. This second site was used for experimenting with different types of crops at different temperature conditions; as such, Moray was known as the Inca’s agricultural laboratory.
This Maras & Moray cycling tour is suitable for all types of riders as it has fairly easy sections over its roughly 35km length. With your professional guide you’ll pass by small villages, see sweeping views of the high plain and surrounding mountains, and marvel as hummingbirds and butterflies buzz by. The route also takes in the Salineras, or salt drying ponds. Here, some 5,000 salt ponds slowly evaporate and offer up their tasty minerals.
Lunch will be included, as will a bicycle and all safety equipment.
per adult from
5 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off at accommodations
- Private transportation all throughout the tour
- Kona Stinky-Six bicycle with full suspension
- Elbow and knee pads, gloves, helmet, and goggles
- Rain jacket
- Professional bilingual guide (English and Spanish)
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to Moray and Maras
- Entry/Admission - Salinas de Maras
- Entry/Admission - Moray
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Inkas Destination, Urb. Zaguan del Cielo F 13, Cusco 08002 Peru
Inkas Destination offers great packages such as Hiking to Machu Picchu and classic tours in Peru for travelers since 2008 Whether you're a budget traveler, or enjoying extended adventures, we offer a social and safe way to explore all of Peru.
From the moment you arrive in Peru, we are happy to share our passion, knowledge and experience through your stay. The Inkas Destination team will make sure that your trip to Peru fulfills all your expectations.
Stop At: Salinas de Maras, Carreta a Maras, Maras 08655 Peru
This beautiful place is a set of salt pools in which different types of salt have been collected since ancient times, an impressive sight that combines nature with the work of man.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Moray Valle Sagrado de los Incas, Maras 08655 Peru
The archaeological remains of Maras are pre-Inca and Inca circular terraces that served as an agricultural laboratory as well as a place where the best seeds for agriculture were collected.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Wait in the hotel lobby.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It's highly recommended you bring the following items: Short pants and comfortable cycling clothes, backpack, sneakers, water bottle, sunblock, and sunglasses.
- The following information is mandatory for booking: hotel info, height & weight, passport number, and date of birth.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.