Half Day Cycling through the Countryside
In search for a more leisurely way to see what lies beyond the Angkor temples? Siem Reap’s landscape, dotted with reminders of the great Kingdom that once was seen as the centre of the universe, has long been overshadowed by the popularity of its temple grandeur…and for reasons unknown. Using well-maintained bicycles, and for a couple of hours, let us show you why nobody can miss out on the rural side of Cambodia’s most fabled tourism destination. Unlike following in the royal footsteps of renowned Kings of a bygone era, we venture over and across untrod-den roads and unpaved thoroughfares to quaint little villages and little-known remains of the Angkor Era.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request and may be subject to supplementary charges
- Use of a well-maintained bicycle during the tour, complete with helmet
- All entrance and donation fees for visits as mentioned in the description
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- One day Angkor Entrance pass
- Entry/Admission - Roluos Temples
What's excluded :
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Roluos Temples, Angkor Wat, Siem Reap Cambodia
Our first stop will be the Roluos Village in southeastern direction from Siem Reap, related to the ancient center of the Khmer Civilization, known as the Hariharalaya. The village is best known to be home of three temples called Preah Ko, Bakong and Lolei. These temples are close together and date from the late 9th century. It is considered to be the earliest site of the 600-year period of the Angkor Empire. The three temples belonging to this important group have similarities of architecture, decoration materials and construction methods which combine to reveal the beginning of "Classic Period of Khmer Art".
On the way back, you may see local temples and when time permits, a short visit is possible. This part of Cambodia remains very traditional in its beliefs and culture, transferred over from generation to generation. The excursion is designed to give you a more extended bike ride mixed with cultural interactions and to discover the real Cambodia and that there is more to see than the Angkor temples.
After some stops to take some photographs, you will ride your bike back to your hotel. This half day tour will take around 4 hours.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up will be either in the morning (around 07:30 hrs) or in the afternoon (from 13:30 hrs) from your hotel in Siem Reap
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Siem Reap. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Tonle Sap, Koh Ker, Banteay Srei and Siem Reap International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Due to the nature of this tour, we regret to inform you that this excursion is not suitable for wheelchair users.
- Customers booking this this leisurely bicycle tour may expect some light hills, unequal terrain and/or some bike carrying along the way.
- To avoid any issues pertaining obtaining an arrival visa at the airport, please ensure that your passport contains at least two empty pages. Failure to do so may result in not gaining entrance into the Kingdom of Cambodia.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- We reserve the right to make necessary changes to the excursion in case of unfavourable weather conditions or situations where we are forced to make alterations to guarantee the safety of our guests.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- We recommend wearing light, comfortable cotton clothing and comfortable shoes.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.