Half Day Cusco City Tour and Archeological Park of Sacsayhuaman
Be fascinated on a half-day tour of Cusco’s surrounding archeological sites, including the famous Sacsayhuaman, where the Incas’ construction of tightly placed stones created an incredible series of walls. With an experienced guide, you’ll also visit Qenqo, Puca Pucara and Tambomachay, as well as the Temple of the Sun (also known as Korikancha). Before your tour ends, visit Cusco’s Plaza de Armas and tour Cusco Cathedral – also known as the Cathedral of Santo Domingo – to see its stunning architecture.
Not included ticket entry to Sacsayhuaman, you need to buy it for your own
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup & drop-off.Note: Some hotels are in areas where the access by vehicle is not permitted.
- Entry/Admission - Centro Historico De Cusco
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Ticket entry to Sacsayhuaman
- Entry/Admission - Sacsayhuaman
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sacsayhuaman, Cusco 08000 Peru
Your Cusco archeology tour starts with pickup at your hotel in a comfortable coach. With your guide, head to Sacsayhuaman, perched on a hill on the northern outskirts of Cusco.
In addition to a wonderful view over Cusco, UNESCO World Heritage-listed Sacsayhuaman boasts massive stones – measuring up to 13 feet (4 meters) tall – placed tightly together, creating a fortress-like structure. As you walk around with your guide, learn about the site's history and defensive purpose. Marvel at the way the Incans built the site so soundly, and admire the different shapes and sizes of the stones, some of which have designs of the condor, puma and snake, symbols of the three Incan worlds.
Hop back on your coach and head to Qenqo (or Kenko), where you’ll see the ancient temple of Puma and its sacrificial altar, and then continue to Puca Pucara, a site of military ruins that was once used for defense of the Inca Empire. Next visit the archaeological site of Tambomachay, where a series of aqueducts, canals and waterfalls may have been a spa resort of wealthy Incans, followed by a stop at the Temple of the Sun (Korikancha), one of the Inca’s most important temples, on top of which sits the Convent of Santo Domingo.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Centro Historico De Cusco, Cusco 08002 Peru
When your tour of Cusco’s surrounding sites is over, head back to the city, where you’ll visit its main square – the beautiful Plaza de Armas. Here you’ll see two striking churches – Cusco Cathedral (also known as the Cathedral of Santo Domingo) and the Iglesia de La Compañía de Jesus (the Church of the Society of Jesus).
Tour Cusco Cathedral with your guide, learning about its rich history and admiring its exquisite late-Gothic and Baroque architecture. See some of its renowned art, including Pintura Senor de los Temblores, the oldest surviving painting in Cusco.
You’ll then be returned to your Cusco hotel.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
This activity includes roundtrip transfer from your hotel, apartment or home. Some locations are in areas where the access by vehicle is not permitted. Send your details in order to arrange your pickup and drop-off in a nearby place.
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: You are not allowed to enter religious sites wearing shorts, and taking photos is forbidden in the cathedral
- On Sunday mornings, Koricancha is not open, so you will only see the outside
- Important: The entrance ticket to Sacsayhuaman is not included, you need to buy it by your own
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We suggest arriving in Peru with antibacterial gel for personal use.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.