Half Day Cho Lon Tour in Ho Chi Minh City
It is hard to image that something is even more vibrant and alive than downtown Ho Chi Minh City but Cho Lon is just that kind of place. With its distinctly Chinese character, the sounds, sights and smells of Saigon’s Chinatown which are home to the Minh Huong (Chinese origin) and are definitely worth half a day of exploration. This morning tour will take you to the heart that it is so traditional Cho Lon and learn more about the values, cultural differences and religious practices that define this part of Ho Chi Minh City.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Ho Hi Minh City
- Refreshment and set lunch
- Local guide
- All the transfers and tours with taxi and public bus
What's excluded :
- Surcharge for guide during TET (Vietnamese New Year)
- Surcharge if customer wants to opt for private transporatation
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- We will pick you up from your hotel in Ho Chi Ming City at around 8:00am and drive to the main entrance of the city’s Chinatown.
Our tour commences with a walk through colorful merchant streets and markets in Cho Lon “Chinatown” to learn how Minh Huong (Chinese origin) community has been integrating into Vietnamese life. The overwhelming atmosphere will give each visitor the feeling that they are in something really special. It takes up almost half of one of Ho Chi Minh’s districts!
During our walk we visit the (East-West Fusion) Francis Xavier Church, built for Chinese Christians which witnessed the last prayer of President Ngo Dinh Diem and his brother in the fatal morning of his assassination. Mingle beneath the large coils of suspended incense in Chinese Assembly hall, temple of Lady Thien Hau “Goddess of the Sea”. The decorative ceramic figurines, the altars and worshiping objects will reveal untold stories, such as the arrival of Marco Polo or legends of Yue Lao ”God of Marriage”.
Before we drive back to your downtown Ho Chi Minh City hotel, a selection of Chinese delicacies and the use of local means of transportation would complete your immersion into the culture. We will be back at your hotel around 1:00pm.
Departure Point :Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- To enhance the local experiences, we will use taxis and one way public bus line from Saigon to Cho Lon (recalling the tram connection that the French built during colonial period to go to Cho Lon). Private vehicle on request, subject to supplement.
- Minimum age is 13 years
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- 1. All Clients should use their own refillable water bottle to avoid regular contacts with multiples single-use plastic bags (this has the additional positive effect of reducing plastic waste in our destination). 2. Everyone reminded to wash or sanitize hands before all snacks, meals.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.