Half Day Cape Sounion and Temple of Poseidon Private Tour
Your private tour to Cape Sounion and the Temple of Poseidon is a majestic tour of Athenian Riviera all the way to its southeast point of Athens. With a free (airport) pick up and in the comfort of our luxurious brand-new vehicles with live commentary of our professional drivers, you cross all the seaside up-beat suburbs of Athens Riviera.
Your first stop is at thermal springs Lake Vouliagmeni, a unique geological phenomenon with coffee and spa facilities. Then, you continue along the sparkling blue waters of Aegean to visit Sounion and the fortified Temple of Poseidon.
Cape Sounion was a significant strategic point in ancient times, controlling the sea passages, as well as the Lavrion peninsula. The temple was constructed between 449/8 to 440 BCE by order of Pericles.
You can complete this extraordinary experience by watching the astounding sunset and have dinner by the sea in one of the fishing taverns.
Later you driver will drop you off at your residence or at the airport.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Free residence / hotel / port / airport pick up and return
- Private and exclusive luxurious transfer
- Live commentary by your professional English speaking experienced tour driver throughout the day
- Licensed Guide Option
- Brand new luxury vehicles with WiFi - A/C and chilled mineral water for every passenger
What's excluded :
- Admission fees into archaeological sites.
- Meals and drinks
- Your tour driver can not escort you into the sites.
- Entry/Admission - Lake Vouliagmeni
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Poseidon
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Athens, Athens, Attica
After your pick you up from your residence, your driver will take you towards the Athens Riviera.
You will enjoy the scenic drive by the coastal modern suburbs of Palio Faliro, Alimos, Glyfada, Voula, and reach gorgeous and posh Vouliagmeni suburb and to our first stop, the Vouliagmeni Thermal and Spa Lake.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Lake Vouliagmeni, Ethniki Odos Athinon Souniou, Vouliagmeni 166 71 Greece
Vouliagmeni Lake is a natural formation lake with its healing mineral underground springs and its unique beauty.
The imposing rock, thermal waters, the labyrinthine underwater tunnels and the lush vegetation create a unique geological phenomenon.
A great place for relaxation, spa, swimming or enjoying a coffee or a meal by the lake.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Temple of Poseidon, Cape Sounio, Sounio 195 00 Greece
After your visit to the lake, your driver will take you to beautiful seaside villages of Varkiza, Lagonissi, Saronida, Anavissos, Thymari and Legrena.
The route is perfect for photography lovers as it offers vast open sea views of the Aegean sea.
Reaching the Cape Sounio, we are overwhelmed by the stunning view of the Temple of Poseidon perched on the top of the cape.
The Temple of Poseidon was built by the Athenians in 440 BC roundabout at the same period when Acropolis and the Parthenon were built.
Upon the rock, where the temple of Poseidon is located, you will enjoy a great open view of the Aegean Sea and probably the best sunset of your life if we set off at a later time.
After your visit to the Temple, your driver can take you to some of the best fishing taverns in the area, ideal for tasting fresh fish and seafood.
When you have completed your meal, your driver will take you back to your residence or drop you at the airport (maybe surcharged) for your flight home.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel or air bnb in Athens and PiraeusAirports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
- Piraeus port, Pireas 185 38, Greece
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.