Half Day Boudhanath Stupa Tour in Kathmandu
Boudhanath is home to the largest Tibetan refugee community in Nepal, having settled here after the Chinese invasion of their homeland in 1950. Here you see the refugees wearing their traditional clothing while worshipping at the sacred stupa. Climb to the top of the various rooftop restaurants to enjoy tea or lunch while looking down at the stupa and the devotees. Here you can relax while appreciating the incredible beauty and serenity of this awesome place. There is also a large Tibetan monastery here where you can turn the giant prayer wheel or sit and watch the monks as they chant. Explore Buddhist book stores or look for unique Tibetan/Buddhist souvenirs in the shops that surround the stupa.
Your guide will explain the symbolism of Boudhanath to give you a greater appreciation of its mystery. Journey today to this wonderfully sacred Buddhist site here in the Kathmandu Valley.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Hotel pick up and drop
- Professional Tour guide
- All Entrance fee
- Entry/Admission - Boudhanath Stupa
What's excluded :
- Foods and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Boudhanath Stupa, Boudh, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal
The ancient Buddhist Stupa of Boudhanath is hidden behind tall buildings that circle this bit of Tibet in the midst of the magical city of Kathmandu. It would be easy to miss if you didn’t know where the entrance was to this UNESCO World Heritage Site. But once discovered its massive size rising 36 meters (118 feet), it is impressive to behold.
This is an easy half-day tour as you circumnavigate around the Stupa. It is surrounded by devotees who whirl prayer wheels 108 times while chanting Om Mani Padme Hum. Prayer flags flutter in the breeze, sending the prayers of the faithful to the heavens. Here find large, colorful monasteries along with the largest Tibetan refugee group in the country. There are also plenty of Tibetan shops to explore where you will find all kinds of interesting items for sale.
From the moment you enter Boudhanath, you know you are in a sacred place. You are caught up in the moving mass that circles this massive white stupa in a clockwise fashion. Climb up upon the stupa in order to be closer to its sacred aura as you spin prayer wheels that transmit prayers heavenward. Rising to an elevation of 36 meters, it points heavenward as the eyes of Buddha stare out in four different directions. While dating back 1500 years, it is still a place where spirituality and life come together in harmony.
This is a wonderful half-day excursion with time to climb up to the rooftop restaurants for tea as well as a magnificent view of the stupa below. Explore Buddhist book stores or look for unique Tibetan/Buddhist souvenirs in the shops that surround the stupa.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Boudha Stupa Thanka Center, Kathmandu 46000 Nepal
Near Boudhanath stupa, you will find a beautiful shop with many Thanka paintings. Looking like a gallery of ancient art, the Thanka center has authentic paintings that are made by professional painters. The items used are the authentic and finest ones that can be found within their reach.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all hotel inside ring road include Boudhanath area and please mention your hotel name in booking if not listed your hotel name.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.