Half-Day Amazing Yangon Tour Including Circular Train Ride
This half day tour of downtown Yangon will give you a great opportunity to discover the charming city in an absolutely different way. Enjoy visiting some popular temples in Bagan as well as admire magnificent views that you have never expected. Learn some local culture and meet with local people for a unique experience. Lunch, trishaw ride and circular train ride is included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch at Rangoon Tea House and snacks in China Town
- Bottled water and wet towels
- Local English speaking station guide
- All private ground transportation with air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Maha Bandula Park
- Entry/Admission - Botahtaung Pagoda
- Entry/Admission - Sule Pagoda
What's excluded :
- Any other items not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses
- You will be picked up at your hotel at 8.30am by a tourist guide and begin your trip with a transfer to Pazundaung Train Station to catch an electric trolley. The single carriage car which is a new means of transportation in Yangon’s public transportation system, run from eastern downtown, traveling along Strand Road to Chinatown. On this ride, you will go through small markets, have a chance to make a stop at the track-side tea shops and interact with lively neighborhoods.
Next, you will get access to the industrial zones of the eastern riverfront. Alight at Botahtaung Pagoda for a visit. Thought to be as old as Shwedagon, Botahtaung is one of the most famous religious sites in Yangon.
Afterwards, you will take a trishaw ride along Strand Road. The ride ends at the Secretariat, which is thought to be the grandest colonial building of the city, the place where a short walking tour of downtown starts. Along the way, you may make a stop at the historic Armenian Church, Gandhi Hall, High Court, Mahabandoola Park and Sule Pagoda.
Then, you will have time for lunch at Rangoon Tea House, an authentic Burmese tea shop situated in a restored colonial building.
After lunch, we continue our tour to Pandsodan station, embark on electric trolley and head to Chinatown to explore one of most busy areas of this city. We wander around the 17th Street to make the first stop at Sit Teik Tong Temple, a clan house traces its heritage back for more than 20 generations. Then, you can come to the top floor to enjoy the magnificent river views. In this area, you can find many Chinese styled terrace houses as well as see local food vendors sell their fresh products together with dry goods.
Finally, you will be transferred back to the hotel at around 2pm.
Departure Point :Hotels in Yangon city
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Hotels in Yangon city
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.