Hakka Heritage Day Tour in Northern Taiwan
Explore Taiwan's diversity with a cultural immersion tour through a Hakka village in Sanyi. Learn about the Hakka people, a sub-minority group in Taiwan, and their journey from Northern China to Taiwan. Experience their unique food preparation techniques firsthand with local, DIY food classes. Dine as "guests" in their village, then try their unique leicha tea after learning how to prepare it from a local. Discover Taiwan's unique Hakka culture in Taiwan in the small village of Sanyi.
NOTE: Due to seasonal consideration, the best time to visit Hakka persimmon farm is the beginning of Sep to the end of Dec.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
What's included :
- Rail bike ticket
- Leicha DIY and homemade snacks
- Seasonal: Taiwan Hakka museum entrance (Jan-Aug)
- Seasonal: Persimmon farm village entrance(Sep-Dec)
- Travel insurance
- Entry/Admission - Sheng Sing Station Long Teng Bridge
- Entry/Admission - Tongluo Tea Factory
- Entry/Admission - 采園居
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sheng Sing Station Long Teng Bridge, No. 89, Shengxing, Shengxing Vil., Sanyi Township, Sanyi 367 Taiwan
The travelers will have an old mountain line rail bike ride, to experience the beauty of Sanyi's mountain culture on the railway bike activates the track of the old mountain line.
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Stop At: Sanyi, Sanyi, Miaoli
The travelers can stroll the old street to feel the atmosphere of traditional Hakka culture and also explore Hakka cuisine by their own. After lunch, our experiences guide will take you to gain a deep understanding of Hakka culture through DIY food experiences.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Tongluo Tea Factory, No.132-16, Jiuhu Vil., Tongluo Township, Tongluo 366 Taiwan
There will be a seasonal options. From January to August, we will take you to visit Tong Luo Tea Factory, to learn more about Taiwan tea culture. From September to December, you will be able to enjoy farm experience in a Hakka persimmon farm during its harvest season.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: 采園居, 367, Taiwan, Miaoli County, Sanyi Township, 68
We will show your the traditional Hakka flavor tea- "Leicha", and you will be able to make your own "Leicha" and enjoy it.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Ximen Station, Wanhua District, Taipei City, Taiwan 108
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Exact pick-up time and tour guide’s contact number will be advised two days before tour departure
- Please advise any specific dietary requirement at the time of booking
- Tour requires a minimum of 6 guests. We will do our best to accommodate individual travelers by placing them on tours with other guests. In the event an individual traveler cannot be so accommodated, guests will be offered an alternative tour of equal value or a full refund.
- Most travelers can participate
- Seasonal activities: Visit Tong Luo Tea Factory (Jan.-Aug.); Visit persimmon farm village (Sep.-Dec.)
- There will be a 100% charge for no-shows that is defined as arriving 15 minutes late.
- In the event of inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances, MyTaiwanTour reserves the right to alter tour itinerary.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.