Hacienda Sotuta de Peón
Time seems to have stood still in the beautiful hacienda of Sotuta de Peon. One feels like one has been transported back to the 19th century when the fibre henequen was cultivated right across the yucatan and sold all over the world. From the moment of your arrival you feel as though you are inside a real live functioning hacienda. The architecture has been conserved as has the steam-powered chimney, the storage room for the henequen and a Deauville railway network where the small carts of hennequen were pulled along by mules. It´s one of the few haciendas in Yucatan where hennequen is still produced.
per adult from
What's included :
- Driver/Professional guide
- Pick up at the places Starbucks Gran Plaza 08:15 Hrs, Starbucks Paseo Montejo 08:30 hrs, and Sotuta de Peón Office (Street. 55 between 60 and 58. dowtowm) 08:40 hrs
- Entry/Admission - Hacienda Sotuta de Peon
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hacienda Sotuta de Peon, Municipio de Tecoh Yucatan, Merida 97822 Mexico
Hotel pickup instructions
08:15 Hrs at Starbucks Gran Plaza.
08:30 Hrs At Starbucks Paseo Montejo.
08:40 Hrs Office Sotuta de peón (Street 55 Between 58 and 60, downtown).
- 08:40 hrs: Departure from Merida.
- 10:00 hrs: Arrival at the Hacienda Sotuta de Peón.
- Visit Main House: Historical setting of haciendas and landowners.
- Welcome cocktail: natural drink, without alcohol.
- Manual capture: the process of making ropes by hand.
- Visit scraper: extraction of henequen fiber.
- Visit the Press: Process of making bales from Henequen.
- Visit Corchería: the process for the production of ropes for machines.
- Truck ride: a tour of the plantations on platforms pulled by mules.
- Visit Casa Maya: Explanation of the fieldwork by Don Antonio.
- Cenote: time to swim in the cenote "Dzul Ha" (1 hour) (Bring swimsuit).
- Return to Merida City 15:00 hrs approx.
Duration: 4 minutes
Departure Point :1: Starbucks, Paseo de Montejo 465, Zona Paseo Montejo, Centro, 97000 Mérida, Yuc., Mexico
2: Starbucks, Calle 50 460, Gonzalo Guerrero, 97115 Mérida, Yuc., Mexico
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant meals not included
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Take a comfortable clothes, towell and Swimwear
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.