Guided Waterfall Hike with Expert Naturalist, FREE for kids and Covid-safe!
Our tours have been featured in Southern Living Magazine and MSN News! Join are expert guides, all experienced naturalists, as we discover the stunning waterfalls and mountain views which make Asheville famous! On our tours, we share stories from history and even do some plant foraging, so you can eat along the trail!
Note that guests often return to Asheville by way of the beautiful Blue Ridge Parkway, so our tours is a loop, and there is no need to backtrack! (Only during winter conditions with ice and snow will the Parkway be closed and we may have to return to our original starting place.)
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hiking Poles
What's excluded :
- Bottled water
With a seasoned local and storyteller as your guide, this tour will take you on a lush, woodland trail, featuring a 150-ft cascading waterfall, rock gardens, and early 1900’s ruins—all in 2 hours! This tour is sure to enthrall all ages, especially kids! Leashed dogs also welcome!
You will meet your guide in Old Fort, NC just 25 minutes east of Asheville, NC, and proceed for a very short drive to the trailhead. Once you arrive at the trailhead, soak in scenery of Pisgah National Forest and prepare for some incredible storytelling! To begin, your guide will share intriguing facts about Southern Appalachian ecology and the history of Asheville as well as neighboring mountain towns. Feel the cool mountain air on your skin as the trail continues through an enchanted cove forest along an iconic trout stream. Observe the way the sun glistens on the rushing water as it pokes through the canopy of trees overhead.
Your guide will discuss the historical and modern uses of many of the plants that catch your eye. After hiking for approximately 1.25 miles, you will reach a breathtaking 150-ft waterfall, draping over moss-covered cliffs and then spend a relaxing hike back to the trailhead.
• Pisgah National Forest, Pisgah Forest, NC
Departure Point :McDonald's, 548 Bat Cave Rd, Old Fort, NC 28762, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guests bring or purchase their own waters and snacks. Guests safely follow the guide’s vehicle to trails. Bring cloth face coverings for indoor restrooms. This is a small group tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.