Guided Walking tour of the City of Goddess - Varanasi
Varanasi is regarded as the spiritual capital of India, thus attracting a lot of pilgrims every day. The city has many temples dedicated to different deities holding great importance in the Hindu religion. But since India is home to diversity where many religions are practiced, Varanasi is not different.
Our guide would meet you at the designated meeting point, the tour is centered around Goddess, their significance in mythology and different aspects of Indian culture. Explore the creative and powerful divine feminine in the city of the Goddess!
In many societies, the divine feminine is often overlooked – but in Varanasi, she is everywhere! We visit Goddess temples of the city, the unfixed border between “devotion” and “tantra”, and explore the fluid nature of her worship, We will see how the physical presence of the goddess is tangible in her temples, much more than the abstraction of some male deities.
per adult from
What's included :
- Service of English speaking guide
- Visit to various temples
What's excluded :
- Personal and Shopping expenses
- Food and Drinks
- Tips and Gratitude
- Pick up and Drop Services
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Main Market, Durgakund Rd, Durgakund, Anandbagh, Bhelupur, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221005, India
For the next several hours, we will continue our exploration of the Old City on foot, through her labyrinth of small alleys; you will see hidden temples, vibrant bazaars, neighborhoods of bustle and activity, and quiet spots of tranquility amidst it all. We might even stop to grab some delicious street food, as well!
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Assi Ghat, Sdkfjl, Varanasi 221005 India
Assi Ghat is the southernmost Ghat in Varanasi, situated at the assemblage of Ganges and Assi rivers. It is believed that Goddess Durga, after killing the asuras, Shumbha-Nishumbha, had thrown her sword at a place, which resulted in the origin of a huge stream, known as Assi River.
The area around the ghat has series of small temples with many stories to know.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Pizzeria Vaatika Cafe - Pizza Restaurants in Varanasi, B-1/178, Assi Ghat Rd, Shivala, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221005, India
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.