Guided Walking Tour of Sorrento
Discover the beautiful town of Sorrento in a small group on this 2 hour walking tour with a local guide.
Follow your guide around Tasso Square, admire the Sant'Antonino Church, San Francesco Cloisters and marvel at the ancient Valley of the Mills.
Get a sense of local life as you stroll around the old fishing village of Marina Grande and enjoy the stunning view of the Neapolitan Riviera from the breathtaking viewpoint.
In the little alleyways of Sorrento, you could appreciate the local art crafts such as the inlaid woodworks and the famous Sorrento sandals.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local Official Guide
- Guided walking tour of the city
- Stop to take pictures at the best viewpoints in town
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Chiostro di San Francesco
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piazza Tasso, 80067, Sorrento Italy
Piazza Tasso is a central place and square in Sorrento in the south of Italy. The square is named after the poet Torquato Tasso.
The main square hosts the Baroque Church del Carmine, within its interior painting by Onofrio Avellino. On the square stands a statue of S. Antonino Abbate, the saint patron of the city.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Il Vallone dei Mulini, Via Fuorimura, Sorrento Italy
Vallone dei Mulini (known in English as Valley of the Mills) is a historic valley in Sorrento, Italy.
The flour mills, built from stone as far back as the 13th century.
Its name derived from its beginning function: to grind grain.
The valley originates from the release of waters into a tufa plain about 37,000 years ago, following the eruption of the Campi Flegrei.
It was in operation until the beginning of the tenth century. In 1866, Piazza Tasso was established, and it caused the mill and the surrounding sea to be isolated. The building was closed and abandoned in the 1940s.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Chiostro di San Francesco, Piazza Francesco Saverio Gargiulo 8, 80067, Sorrento Italy
Sorrento’s Cloister of San Francesco is an oasis of tranquility steps away from the historic town’s bustling central piazza of Sant’Antonino. The cloister unites a religious complex of the seventh-century monastery and a late-medieval church, both dedicated to St Francis of Assisi and is a showpiece of various architectural styles from pre-Roman through Arabic to medieval.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Villa Comunale, Via San Francesco, Sorrento Italy
Villa Comunale is a stunning property which stands on the gardens of the Franciscan friars. The Villa has a beautiful park of palm trees, holm, oaks, and century-old pines overlooking the sea.
You could take breathtaking picture of the Gulf dominated by the Volcano Vesuvius.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Marina Grande - Antico Borgo Marinaro, Via Marina Grande 1, 80067, Sorrento Italy
Marina Grande is Sorrento's fishing village, famous for its excellent seafood restaurants. It also has some small volcanic beaches with their typical black sand.
In the past it was the only point of access into the town for the visitors coming from the sea.
Bobbing fishing boats and pastel-coloured houses add character to a quarter that has been choosen as a set for several movies with Sophia Loren.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Piazza Torquato Tasso, 16, 80067 Sorrento NA, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.