Guided Walk - Sea to the Sky
This walk brings us from the small town of Shankill on the sea front in South Dublin to the hills very close-by. The walk takes in many different terrains along its way from small lane-ways to forest trails and open hill tops. The walk is very easy and generally flat with some gradual inclines towards the summit of Kathy Gallagher's hill. We will pass by very fashionable houses past the old castle of Shankill and onto an old monastery lane-way of St Michael. This is one of Ireland's earliest christian sites with the unique tomb stones of Vikings who once settled in this area. After Rathmichael we will make our way through some woodland leading to a wonderful summit offering excellent views across Dublin city and Bay. Then we will visit an old lead mine chimney in this area before making our way back another way. Once all back we can visit Brady's Pub for a drink and catch up.
per adult from
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages - After we finish our walk we will visit "Brady's Bar" which is in Shankill for a drink. (For 18 years and above)
What's excluded :
We will meet you and bring you from the village of Shankill by the sea to the round hill overlooking Dublin called Carrickgollogan or Kathy Gallagher as we locals say!
There is so much to see on this walk – lots of flora and fauna, ancient Christian Crosses, a mini Glendalough with intriguing Viking artifacts, an ancient Rath not to mention the curious chimney, a remnant of Victorian industry and much more.
No trip to this area would be complete without making the short climb up to Carrickgollogan with its spectacular views over the city, the bay and the Wicklow Mountains.
This walk is along urban pathways, roads and country lanes which can be wet and mucky at times so don’t wear your good shoes! The route is about 9km and will take about 4 hours plus stops.
Bring a packed lunch and we will have a picnic along the way!
On our return, we will stop off at the local pub in Shankill for a pint or a coffee and see you off on the Dart back to Dublin.
• Shankill, Shankill, County Dublin
• Rathmichael Wood, Puck's Castle Ln, Bray 18 Ireland
• Ballycorus Lead Mines, Mine Hill Ln Ballycorus, Shankill Ireland
Departure Point :Shankill Station, Rathsallagh Dr, Shankill, Dublin, D18 E6H7, Ireland
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The Coastal train in Dublin which is very regular will bring you to the meeting location. and you can return to Dublin by the same train.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.