Guided walk on the remote and wild North Cornish coast
I will guide you on a gorgeous 4 mile route in Morwenstow taking us through some of the Southwest's most remote, wild and spectacular terrain which has a rich and fascinating history. This circular route packs in a lot of different elements and includes a section along some of Cornwall's highest and wildest clifftops, follows a secluded hidden valley, and passes through peaceful meadows and ancient churchyards. Along the way you we will take in the incredible views, stop at some amazing local spots and learn about the rich and wild history of an area best known for shipwrecks, smuggling and eccentric poets. We will pass through Morwenstow church and it's spectacular clifftop setting and stop at Hawker's hut, a tiny shelter set into the cliff face which was built out of shipwrecked wood in 1843. The route will take between 1.5 and 2.5 hours depending on walking pace but the route can be changed easily to meet your needs. Please be aware there are some steep sections.
per adult from
1 to 3 hours
What's included :
- Guide is licensed or certified
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hawker's Hut, Morwenstow EX23 9JG England
We will stop at this incredible 170 year old little driftwood hut on our route. The route will take us to many other places along the way but these are isolated, excited places and are not able to be found online!
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Morwenstow Parish Church, Unnamed Road, Bude EX23 9SR England
We will go inside this gorgeous 13th century church and look at a few extremely interesting, ancient artifacts and curiosities if you have an interest.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :The Bush Inn, Crosstown, Morwenstow, Bude EX23 9SR, UK
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.