Guided tour to the Rabot cabin
Rabothytta - The most impressive DNT cabin in Norway!
Come visit the most impressive DNT cabin in Norway
Our guide take you up to experience Rabothytta, which is named in honour of Charles Rabot, a French glaciologist, ethnographer and explorer who was passionate about the Arctic landscape and its peoples. Rabot was particularly fond of Helgeland, and especially the Okstindan mountains. Rabothytta cabin has a striking design, robust and simple, by architects Jarmund/Vigsnæs. Their plans for the cabin are currently honoured by a display in La Galerie d’Architecture in Paris.
The DNT cabin Rabothytta is dramatically situated at 1200 metres altitude, on the very edge of the Okstindbreen glacier. The cabin enjoys a stunning view of the glacier, as well as the Okstindan mountain range and its ruling summit Oksskolten, the highest mountain in Northern Norway.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Okstindbreen, Hemnes Municipality, Norway
The Rabot cabin is situated just at the edge of this Glacier.
Departure Point :Unnamed Road, 8646 Korgen, Norway
Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Mo I Rana Havn
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.