Guided Tour to Terracotta Warriors & Big Wild Goose Pagoda
In this private day trip, you will own a personal guide and a driver who serve no other people, but you. The entire trip is arranged to your own pace. This trip will enable you to learn about two great dynasties of China - Qin and Tang Dynasty. From the grand masoleum of Qin Shi Huang, you will see the first union of the whole China and learn about what it means to later generations. While visiting Big Wild Goose Pagoda, you will see the great influence of Tang Dynasty and its dipomatic policy to other nations. After the trip, your guide will see you back to hotel safe and sound.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Fuel surcharge
- Parking Fees
- Personal tour guide
What's excluded :
- Entrance fee for Terracotta Army and Big Wild Goose Pagoda
- Entry/Admission - The Museum of Qin Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses
- Entry/Admission - Big Wild Goose Pagoda (Dayanta)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Museum of Qin Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses, Qinling North Road, Lintong District, Xi'an 710600 China
In the early morning, your private guide will meet you at your centrally located hotel lobby and lead you to enjoy this amazing trip.
Your fist destination would be Terracotta Warriors Museum. Located about an hour’s drive from Xian center, Terracotta Warriors and Horses are the most important archaeological findings in 20th century. Discovered by a local farmer who was digging a well and encounter with massive quantity of pottery pieces, Terracotta Army site is the burial company of the first Emperor ‘s grand mausoleum in China - Qin Shi Huang. Entering into the museum, you will see three pits displaying different parts of the army. Each soldier has an unique facial expressions indicating their feelings, which is quite remarkable. There are also many chariots, horses weapons and daily stuff, all these indicates the prosperity of Qin Dynasty and the technique development back then. The emperor wanted to rule even after his death, so he ordered a strong army to be built to fight for him. It was said that these warriors were all made based on actual soldiers in Qin Dynasty. Standing in such a great discovery, you will be absolutely overwhelmed.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Big Wild Goose Pagoda (Dayanta), Enci Temple The southern part of Yata Road, Yanta District, Xi'an 710061 China
After visiting the great Terracotta Warriors, you must be starving. Your guide will recommend a local restaurant where you can have lunch and rest a bit before heading back city.
After lunch, your tour moves to a city historic site - Big Wild Goose Pagoda. This is a Tang-era Buddhist pagoda with a history of over 1400 years. You might have heard about the story Journey to the West in which that the great Buddhism monk Xuan Zang had overcome 81 challenges and finally brought back the Buddhism scriptures from India. Well, this story was told on the basis of an actually person - Xuan Zang except that he didn’t bring any monkey or pig or any other mythological people. This pagoda has collected most of his works from India, together with masterpieces that he translated later. The pagoda itself got repaired again and again in later times and the one you see now endured the last restoration in 1964. Coming here, you will see that the pagoda actually sits inside the Da Ci’en Temple. Nowadays, it is more like a public park that hosts locals singing, dancing, exercising, having dinner, meeting friends, etc.. If you get lucky, you might enjoy a beautiful fountain show performed in the largest fountain of Asia.
After the trip, you will be transported back to hotel for rest.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please leave your hotel name and address when you book this trip
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.