Guided tour of the interior in German
Taufers Castle was built at the beginning of the 13th century on a rocky outcrop separating the Tauferer and Ahrntal valleys. The main castle against the mountain of Ahornach in the north (attack side) consists of keep and attached residential tower, another palas (later grain box) is located in a protected place in the west. The site, given by the natural site, is bordered by a circumferential ring wall, to which various residential buildings, mostly built in the early 16th century, are based. The weirs around the gate tower (15th century) are of importance to castles.
Of the interior, the Gothic frescoes of the chapel with a rare Deesis and the many wood-paneled and comfortably furnished rooms are particularly worth mentioning. Careful restorations were carried out in the 19th and 20th centuries.
per adult from
What's included :
- Entry ticket to Castello di Taufers
- Entry/Admission - Castello di Taufers
What's excluded :
- Visit: Castello di Taufers, Via Acereto, 1, 39032, Campo Tures Italy
Guided tour through the interior of the Taufers Castle
Departure Point :Castello di Taufers, Via Acereto, 1, 39032, Campo Tures Italy
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.