Guided tour of the Coptic neighborhood
The Coptic neighborhood of Cairo, the Christian area of the Egyptian capital, houses a great historical and monumental heritage. Find out with this guided tour in Spanish.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up and transfer back to the hotel.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle.
- Spanish speaking guide.
- Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Tickets (Coptic Museum and the churches of San Sergio and Santa María).
- Entry/Admission - The Coptic Museum
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Coptic Museum, No 4 Fakhry Abd el Nour street Abbassia, Cairo 11511 Egypt
We will know the history of the Christians of Egypt and we will discover the differences between Coptic Catholics and Coptic Orthodox. Both religious currents have their own temple
First, we will access the interior of the church of Santa María la Virgen, better known as "the hanging church of Cairo" because it is built on one of the ancient gates of the Babylon Fortress. Inside the temple we will observe various works of art and its mosaics belonging to different historical periods.
We will continue the tour admiring the exterior architecture of the Church of San Jorge. The temple, consecrated to the Coptic Orthodox cult, constitutes the seat of the Patriarchate of Alexandria. Nearby is the church of San Sergio. Inside we will know the sacred space where, according to tradition, the Holy Family took refuge during their flight from King Herod.
To complete everything learned during the tour we will visit the Coptic Museum in Cairo.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Cairo Intl Airport, Cairo Egypt
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.