Guided Tour of Royal Selangor Visitor Center including Pewter Crafting Lesson
Royal Selangor Visitor Centre is a one-stop destination to learn, play, shop and eat in Kuala Lumpur. Visitors will discover the rich colonial history behind Malaysian pewter crafting via a complimentary guided museum and factory tour, you will be guided through the process of creating a pewter dish using traditional tools such as the hammer and wooden mould in our School of Hard Knocks workshop. You will get to take home your finished pewter dish and personalized certificate of completion.
per adult from
30 to 45 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Guided tour of the Royal Selangor Visitor Centre, including the factory to see how pewter is made
- School of hard knocks pewter-making workshop
- Hand-made pewter bowl, an apron, and a personalized certificate
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only). Your hotel’s concierge will have details on our shuttle van pick up points and timetable.
- Local taxes
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Royal Selangor Visitor Centre, 4 Jalan Usahawan 6 Setapak Jaya, Kuala Lumpur 53300 Malaysia
Discover the secrets of pewtersmithing through stimulating exhibits on the nature of pewter and exciting craft workshops. Indulge in our vast range of quality pewterware, or fine jewellery by Selberan and sterling silver by Comyns, Royal Selangor’s sister brands. Recognised as one of the top tourist attractions in Kuala Lumpur, the Visitor Centre has won the following TripAdvisor awards:
- 2014, 2015 & 2016 Travellers' Choice Award
- 2017 Certificate of Excellence
Admission: Free (Complimentary guided tours)
School of Hard Knocks workshop
Craft a take-home engraveable pewter dish using traditional tools, similar to those used by pewtersmiths more than 100 years ago.
Price: RM 65 per person
The Foundry workshop
Create a take-home pewter accessory freehand or from existing moulds using fundamental pewter crafting processes – casting, polishing and decorating.
Price: RM 180 per person
Please note that participants in this workshop must be aged 15 years or older.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Centrally located Kuala Lumpur hotels (selected hotels only).
Departure Time :Free shuttle van service at selected hotels* - 9am - 5pm Daily.
*Your hotel’s concierge will have details on our shuttle van pick up
points and timetable. Alternatively, call us +60 3 4145 6122
for more information.
Return Detail :Centrally located Kuala Lumpur hotels (selected hotels only).
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 3 years for School of Hard Knocks workshop.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- A maximum of 15 people per booking
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.