Guided tour of Herculaneum with an archaeologist
It's a private tour, exclusive for your family, and not a group one. You will see a unique archaeological site of its kind in the world, admired by thousands of people. Although smaller than Pompeii, Herculaneum has exceptional conservation. It was a small, rich and elegant Italic city that overlooked the sea. During the visit you will admire domus, thermal baths, streets, fountains with the related decorations, frescoes and mosaics and the skeletons of the victims. The city was destroyed by a terrible eruption of Vesuvius in 79 AD and it was totally buried by pyroclastic avalanches, which allowed a unique conservation in the world.
per adult from
What's included :
- The guided tour
What's excluded :
- Entrance ticket to the excavations.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parco Acheologico di Ercolano, Corso Resina, 187, 80056 Ercolano Italy
The guided tour lasts 2 hours and we will see the Roman domus, the shops, the public baths, the market, the ancient beach with skeletons in the boat sheds. I will show you frescoes, mosaics, marble floors and charred wooden objects.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Herculaneum Ruins, Corso Resina, 187, 80056 Ercolano NA, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.