Guided Savannah Civil War History Walking Tour
The Civil War, the War between the States, the recent unpleasantness; whatever you call it, war is hell. An exploration of Savannah before, during, and after the Civil War, as seen through the eyes of its citizens and soldiers. Learn about the first secessionist rally, the cornerstone speech, Sherman's March to the Sea, Special Order #15, and the who, why, and when of slavery as the focus of the war.
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- Civil War History of Savannah
What's excluded :
- Meet your professional Guide at Reynolds Square at your selected time. Our comprehensive 2-hour walking tour through the Antebellum section of the historic district. Learn the cultural and political leanings of Savannah and the reason for secession. Tour includes Sherman's March to the Sea, Special Order No. 15, and the critical question: Reconstruction or Retribution. Over 150 years of history covered during the tour. Find out the roles of General John Geary and General Oliver Howard and walk the streets to see where Robert E. Lee visited during his many trips to Savannah, see Sherman's headquarters and enjoy several of Savannah's beautiful squares along the way.
Departure Point :The Olde Pink House, 23 Abercorn St, Savannah, GA 31401, USA
Return Detail :127 Abercorn St, Savannah, GA 31401, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Your guide will be wearing a microphone and ear buds will be provided for travelers so they can hear the narration clearly while social distancing. Your guide will wear a mask when indoors only.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.