Guided Night Walk in Cape Tribulation
We venture deep into the Jungle only two kilometres from the Coral Sea on the slopes of a mountain blanketed in old growth rainforest amongst giant trees thousands of years old and plants & animals that predate dinosaurs.
We use a unique mixture of humour and accurate scientific information to tell the story of this unique forest where Kangaroo's live in tree's, a bird is bigger than a human and nothing is considered deadly to humans. Every plant and animal has a part in the story of this World Heritage listed ecosystem and we spend two hours on the 'hunt' along trails only we use identifying the things we see explaining their part in the story of the worlds oldest continuously existing forest. Our guides are Wet Tropics accredited biological scientists who love to entertain, we are local to the area and have 20 years experience in guiding visitors from all over the world so language differences are not an impediment to providing everyone an enjoyable experience.
per adult from
What's included :
- Spotlights / Thermal imaging scope / UV lights / Binoculars / Rain ponchos and Umbrellas
- Natural spring water (filtered) - bring your own container
- Insect repellant / Face masks / Hand sanitiser
What's excluded :
We offer Night Walks using Spotlights & Thermal Imaging to search for native wildlife along 'real natural bush trails' amongst the highest diversity of Tree's, vines & ancient medicinal plants on the planet. Some species have been here since the beginning of life on land & many are thousands of years old, join us & time travel with our Biological Scientist Guides.
Our tours are in Old Growth Tropical Rainforest on a private nature preserve surrounded by the Daintree National Park. We have exclusive access, perfect for getting off the boardwalks away from the maddening crowds. It is hard to tell you are on a trail, no artificial boardwalks & railings to seperate & detract from the natural surroundings.
Our eco-accredited guides are entertainers, local to the area & have 20 years experience working in this rainforest & connecting people to nature; explaining it's holistic processes, history and evolution. Our tour content is current and scientifically accurate information however, weird & wonderful facts and story telling are more reflective of our 'fair-dinkum' personality. Only 8 persons/walk & minimum age of 10years. We can offer Family Friendly Nights Walk with no age limit.
• Cape Tribulation, Cape Tribulation, Daintree Region, Queensland
Departure Point :136 Camelot Cl, Cape Tribulation QLD 4873, Australia
Departure Time :7:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Family Friendly is an option for children under 10 years old
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Customers must wear 'closed footwear'; NO Nylon or other hard plastic soles! they slip. Customers should declare if they have any of the following: Allergies to plant materials such as pollen & insects. - Respiratory or cardiac issues. - Motility issues including balance issues. - recent surgeries.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.