Guided Hike in Palm Springs with Amazing Views
I provide water, a snack, a backpack & a hiking pole for each hiker, all sanitized for your safety. We'll be hiking in the Santa Rosa & San Jacinto Mountains National Monument on some the best trails in the area. I know these trails very well and the best lookout points along the way to enjoy some of the most beautiful views of the Palm Springs desert & far beyond. You'll be able to see desert vegetation/plants & cacti close up as we hike along the trails. You'll see from the desert valley floor below all the way up to beautiful mountain peaks, all while getting in some great exercise. I'll point out interesting landmarks along the way, like the very unique Bob Hope house, Mount San Gorgonio (the tallest mountain in So Cal), Indian Canyons & other points of interest. During the winter I've seen the endangered Peninsular Bighorn Sheep in the area. There will be lots of opportunities for taking beautiful scenic photos during the hike. For a certain date/time not shown ask me.
per adult from
What's included :
- I will provide 1 Backpack & 1 Hiking Pole for each guest to borrow.
- Bottled water - I will provide water for each hiker.
- Snacks - I'll provide 1 granola bar for each hiker,
What's excluded :
- Bring an electrolye drink if it's a warm/hot day to replace electolytes lost from sweat
- Bring a salty snack if it's a warm/hot day to maintain sodium levels lost through sweating.
- Bring a hat, sunglasses & wear sunscreen.
- Wear shoes with a sturdy sole & good tread. I wear trail running shoes for example.
The hike lasts approx 3 hours incl time to stop to take pics and breaks. We'll hike a loop on some of the best trails in south Palm Springs through beautiful desert terrain. As we hike we'll see amazing views of the desert below all the way up to beautiful mountain peaks.
We'll stop & see the very unique Bob Hope house as we go up & once we reach the top of Smoke Tree Mtn (really a hill at 1,522 ft. & the highest point we'll reach) you can grab a rock, make a wish & toss it onto the huge rock pile & enjoy incredible 360 degree views of the entire area, perfect for amazing scenic photos.
We'll see the windmills, the Little San Bernardino Mountains that go into Joshua Tree National Park, the San Jacinto Mtns to the west, Mount San Gorgonio (the tallest mtn. in So Cal at 11,501 ft.), Palm Springs and other cities. As we head back down we'll see Indian Canyons, ancestral home to the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians that settled in the area 5000 years ago.
To see my other hikes click TrailAhead under the title. Viator users to see my other hikes copy&paste 138042P3, 138042P2, 138042P4 into the search bar there. To do one of my hikes on a date/time not shown ask me, thanks!
Departure Point :Garstin Trailhead, 3133 Barona Rd, Palm Springs, CA 92264, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- All participants need to be reasonably healthy & fit cause we'll be hiking uphill & downhill with some rough uneven sections & an elevation gain of about 1000 feet.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.