Guided day trip to Sinhagad Fort & Khadakwasla from Pune
One of the most underrated landmarks of Pune is Sinhagad Fort, located approximately 50 km from the city is a jewel of the monument. The Fort was built around 2000 years back and since has seen multiple wars. Capturing this fort would give any kingdom strategic advantage as it was built on top of the mountain. The Fort is famous for the war between Marathas and Mughals fought between Tanaji Malusare and Jai Singh I. During the famous battle Tanaji Malusare lost his life but his army was able to capture the Fort, then the Emperor of Maratha kingdom gave the title of Tiger to him which means Sinha, and hence the name Sinhagad fort.
The drive to the Sinhagad fort is through forest, mountains, valley, and passing by a lake, one of the most serene drive through the countryside around Pune, you can stop at a few points to click amazing pictures with the lush green background.
Kadakwasla is a tranquil lake adjacent to the driveway road, offering beautiful spots to click pictures.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Tolls and Parking fees
- Pick up and drop services
- English Speaking Guide
- One local Street food dish
- Entry/Admission - Panshet Dam
What's excluded :
- Entry fees to the monuments
- Meals and drinks
- Personal and Shopping Expenses
- Tips and Gratitude
- Entry/Admission - Khadakwasla Dam
- Entry/Admission - Sinhagad Fort
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Khadakwasla Dam, Near Sinhagad Fort, Pune India
Kadadwasla Dam is on one of the lakes which provide drinking water to the Pune city, the dam is on the foothills of the mountains and offers a tranquil view of the lake.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Sinhagad Fort, Pune 411025 India
Sinhagad fort located on the outskirts of the Pune on top of the mountain has been an important landmark throughout the last two millenniums, every kingdom had an eye on Sinhagad fort as it gave a natural advantage to them.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Panshet Dam, Panshet - Ghol Rd, Panshet 412107 India
Panshet Dam, also called Tanajisagar Dam, is a dam on the Ambi river about 50 km southwest of the city of Pune in western India. The dam was constructed in the late 1950s for irrigation and, along with three other dams nearby, Varasgaon, Temghar, and Khadakwasla, it supplies drinking water to Pune.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from centrally located hotels, Airport and major stations and drop to the hotel /airport or major stations in Pune.Airports
- Lohegaon Airport, Pune India
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.