Guided Cultural City Tour of North Mauritius with Botanical Garden Visit
City Tour and Botanical Garden.
Highlights: Pamplemousses Garden & Port Louis.
Operates: Everyday except Sundays and public holidays.
Duration: Up to 5 hours from pick-up from the hotel until drop-off at the hotel.
Prices per person including transportation in a chauffeur-driven vehicle, and entrance fees.
Note: For clients staying in the south, we recommend the full-day Beauty of Mauritius.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - SSR Botanic Garden
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: SSR Botanic Garden, Royal Road Parc, Pamplemousses, Mauritius 21003
The Botanic Garden, formally known as Sir Seewoosagur Botanic Garden, is one of the most visited attractions in Mauritius.
The garden is located in the proximity of Port-Louis in the district of Pamplemousses.
The botanical garden was initially opened as a private garden by the French governor of Mauritius nearly 300 years ago, later to become the national botanical garden of Mauritius.
The botanical garden stretches over endless acres of land and it may take you more than a week to cover the whole garden. It is populated with more than 650 varieties of plants among which are the famous Baobabs, the Palmier Bouteille, the ineluctable Giant Water Lilies, dozens of medicinal plants, a large spice garden and many more.
One of the main attractions of the botanical garden is the 85 different varieties of palm trees brought from different corners of the world. Other indigenous species of plants are also exhibited here.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Port Louis, Port Louis
Port Louis, the cosmopolitan capital city of Mauritius was founded in 1735 by the French governor and pioneer Bertrand-François Mahé de La Bourdonnais. Located on the Northwest Coast, Port Louis is the administrative and business capital of the island.
Buzzing with activity during the day, the city is full of cultural and historical treasures that should not be missed. Beyond the central market, which is a focal point for those who want to feel close to the soul of Mauritius, are many historic sites including the Champ de Mars - the oldest race course in the southern hemisphere.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Citadel Fort Adelaide, Port Louis, Mauritius
The Historical Citadel Fort is located about 100 meters high on the hill of Petite Montague, and has become one of Mauritius historical attractions.
The Fort, which is also knowned as the Adelaide Fort (named after the wife of William II, when the British held land in Port Louis), offers stunning views of the entire city of Port Louis as well at the harbour.
The Fort was constructed in the early 19th century by Colonel Cunningham as an attempt to protect the British Army from the enemy.
Its constructed in a Moorish style, complete with horse shoe arches. The fort has been constructed using large rectangular blocks.
The Fort has now been converted into a National Monument and is surrounded by the Caudan Water Front and the vast Indian Ocean.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all over the island and not only at the listed hotels. Please to let us have name of your hotel. Also, please give us a call on the eve of the excursion so that we can advise about your exact pick up time.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 02 people per booking is required
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.