Guided Coastal Walk - Greystones to Bray
This is a unique but very popular walk for Irish people in both Dublin and Wicklow. It is a beautiful walk where you can enjoy the sea breeze while looking across Dublin bay and other parts of Ireland's coastline. The towns of both Greystones and Bray are wonderful examples of Irish coastal villages and there are plenty to eat and drink after your walk.
Your Guide will be able to tell you the history of the Vikings in Ireland, the Victorian influence in these areas and why these towns became very popular holiday destinations in the 19th century Ireland.
per adult from
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages - After we finish our walk we will visit "The Harbour Bar" which dates back to 1872 and was a bar and undertakers (Only available for 18 year old and above)
What's excluded :
Our coastal walk start from the train station in Greystones and travel through this small beautiful old fishing village towards what is called the "Cliff Walk" to Bray.
The Cliff Walk is about 7 kilometres long, takes about 2-3 hours to complete and is suitable for all abilities.
We have true stories of pirates and smuggling, the local English Landlord, Lord Brabazon, why there are two sets of railway tunnels and much, much more.
As we round Bray Head, we will see the town of Bray with its long beach below us. This former sleeping fishing village was developed in the mid-19th C into ‘The Brighton of Ireland’ which means it was a very stylish and upper-class seaside resort.
The Harbour Bar. A former Lonely Planet ‘Pub of the Year’, you’ve got to see this bar to believe it – simultaneously described as ‘scruffy, wild and elegant’, The Harbour Bar dates back to 1872 and was a bar and undertakers. It hasn’t changed much since (except no dead bodies these days!).
After our refreshments, we will walk back to Bray Dart Station (5 minutes) and return to Dublin (40 minutes to the City Center) on the north bound train and sit on your right this time!
• Greystones, Greystones, County Wicklow
• Bray, Bray, County Wicklow
Departure Point :Greystones Station, Iarnród Éireann, Church Rd, Killincarrig, Greystones, Co. Wicklow, Ireland
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The Coastal train in Dublin which is very regular will bring you to the meeting location. and you can return to Dublin by the same train.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- As this is an outdoors activity we still need to main some social distance on all our events. Hand sanitizers will be provided. Please bring a mask.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.