Guided Aurora Chasing by Car in Abisko
We will do our best to offer you the most magical and unforgettable night of your lifetime. Our guides have many years of experience in the area and know all about weather conditions and northern lights. Choosing to go by car you increase your chances to see Aurora; we look for the best weather conditions; we will be driving till we find a clear spot in the sky, where to enjoy the display of lights. If the sky is clear, we will stop in the beautiful scenery and you will have the option to stay warm inside the car while waiting for the northern lights to display at its full. In addition, your driver is also a tour guide; converse with a local guide and ask any questions you have at any moment of the tour, also he/she will be sharing interesting facts and information about the surroundings and the northern lights.
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Snacks - Hot beverage and light snacks
- Clothing; Winter suits/overalls, hats, gloves, socks and boots
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Abisko National Park, Abisko Sweden
We will be driving around the Abisko National Park looking for the Aurora Borealis
Pass By: 981 93 Tornehamn, Sweden
Is a harbour by the lake Torneträsk; beautiful spot to see northern lights. We might go here, always depending on the guide's decision when choosing the best spot with no clouds to see the display of northern lights.
Pass By: Bjorkliden, Bjorkliden, Norrbotten County
Is a ski resort, where we will hike for 5 minutes to a beautiful viewpoint high in the mountains which we like to compare to the Aurora Sky Station. We might go here, always depending on the guide's decision when choosing the best spot with no clouds to see the display of northern lights.
Pass By: Bessešjohka Rest Area, E10, 981 95 Kiruna, Sweden
This is another great spot near the lake, with a large beach where to see the display of lights. We might go here, always depending on the guide's decision when choosing the best spot with no clouds to see the display of northern lights.
Pass By: 981 95 Stordalen, Sweden
This is a natural reserve, where we might stop by, always depending on the guide's decision when choosing the best spot with no clouds to see the display of northern lights.
Departure Point :Abisko Guesthouse, Kalle Jons väg 5, 981 07 Abisko, Sweden
Traveler pickup is offered
Contact us with all the details of your pick up location.Airports
- Kiruna Airport, Kiruna Sweden
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 10/2/2020 - 3/31/2021
10/2/2021 - 3/31/2022
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 PM - 10:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 08:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 32 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.