Guatavita Lagoon + Salt Cathedral
If during your visit to Bogotá your idea is to make the most of your time and know those places that you can not miss for anything, this is your best option. We will visit in one day two of the most important places that are close to Bogotá, the Salt Cathedral of Zipaquira and La Laguna de Guatavita, enjoying on the way of beautiful landscapes in the savannah and its nearby villages while we learn in the path of the stories that our guide tells us.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Lunch - Typical lunch Includes a main course and a non-alcoholic drink or national beer
- Entry/Admission - Laguna del Cacique Guatavita
- Entry/Admission - Catedral de Sal de Zipaquira
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Laguna del Cacique Guatavita, Vereda de de, Tierra Negra, Sesquilé, Cundinamarca, Colombia
We will visit one of the sacred lagoons for our Muiscas ancestors, where in Colombia the Legend of El Dorado was created because of the large amount of gold and precious stones that were left by this indigenous community in the midst of celebrating the rituals they had place in this sacred place.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Catedral de Sal de Zipaquira, Carrera 6 Calle 1 Parque De La Sal, Zipaquira Colombia
The Salt Cathedral of Zipaquira is considered the first wonder of Colombia, we will have the opportunity to visit its spectacular architecture located 180 meters below ground, where we will see its great religious importance if we do not know a little about the importance of this place for our ancestors indigenous to date.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Estacion de Zipaquira, Km 53, Zipaquira Colombia
After visiting the cathedral we will have a tour of the historical center of the city, we will have a short trip in time while we walk its streets in the middle of its old houses and imposing squares, we will also have the opportunity to enjoy its typical dishes in one of the best and most traditional restaurants of this beautiful city.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Plaza Sesquile, Carrera 5, Sesquile Colombia
On the way to the Sacred Lagoon of the Cacique de Guatavita we will have the opportunity, if we wish, to stop for a moment in a typical Colombian town, Sesquile, a small agricultural town that can give us beautiful photos along the way.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Club Naval Refugio del Tominé - Armada, Sesquilé, Cundinamarca, Colombia
In the middle of the towns of Guatavita and Sesquile we will enjoy the beautiful landscape that the Tomine dam offers us, one of the main water reserves of the city of Bogotá that also gives us a particular story about its creation.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up our travelers at any location within Bogotá or its surroundings.Airports
- Eldorado Airport, Bogota Colombia
Departure Time :2/16/2020 - 12/31/2020
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.