Guatape & Coffee Farm & Exotic Fruit Tasting: The Best Private Tour
Great!! So you are thinking about visiting the rock of Guatapé and its beautiful town. We can take you there and tell you the amazing history about that rock, stories about the old flooded town and the tradition of Zocalos in Guatape.
However, we would like to go further and provide you a more complete experience, something truly memorable.
And that's why we designed a very complete Guatape Private Tour that includes pick up and drop off at your place, an exotic fruit tasting in a non-touristy farmers' market, a coffee farm visit where you can learn and experience the whole process and drink a very special fresh and single-origin coffee, also to visit and climb the Guatape rock and appreciate the unforgettable views from the top and lastly, a very informative walking tour in one of the most pictoresque and colorful towns in Colombia.
These are definitely the most authentic activities you can do in Medellin and a perfect tour if you visit us for a short period of time.
per adult from
9 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fruit tasting
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Medellin
- Transport by private vehicle
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - MedellinDayTrips
What's excluded :
- Rock Entrance Fees
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: MedellinDayTrips, Carrera 27 27 180, Medellin 050011 Colombia
Colombia is the most diverse country in the world in fruit production as we grow over 430 fruits throughout our territory.
This is why we think we should take you to a fruit stand to try some of the most delicious ones.
In this short stop, we are going to visit a farmers' market so you can be in a non-touristy place. Once there we provide you different exotic fruits you probably didn’t even know existed, with intense sour or sweet flavors.
This is around a 20 minutes stop that is on the way to Guatape but our guests have loved it so far, so we are sure you are going to love it too.
It is also a good opportunity to stretch your legs after 1 hour of sitting in the car before we reach the coffee farm, our next stop.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Penol, Penol, Antioquia Department
The drive from the fruits to the coffee farm is around 35 minutes but is full of beautiful sceneries of kale plantations, onion, sugar cane, coffee, tomatoes and hundreds of mountains silhouettes.
The coffee you enjoy each day has taken a long journey to arrive in your cup, with this complementary tour you get to know this amazing journey in detail.
Right before getting to the Guatapé rock we have the opportunity to visit a wonderful coffee plantation which is definitely one of the most authentic tours you can do in Colombia.
Between the time coffee beans are planted, picked and purchased, they go through a typical series of steps to bring out their best.
The coffee production stages you will see are:
• Picking the ripen beans selectively
• Fermenting and washing
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Penol, Penol, Antioquia Department
After this memorable visit to the coffee farm we continue our journey to the Rock of Guatape (also known as Peñol).
As we drive we start telling you all the history of the rock: components, owners, when was it climbed up and more interesting facts.
Once we get there you get the chance to climb up it. It’s 749 steps and 50 minutes approximately to go up and down.
Once you reach the top, you can stay up there for as long as you wish as you witness one of the most beautiful views you have ever seen.
This is not only our opinion but that of thousands of tourists we have taken there.
At the top there are several shops where you can buy water, beer and many other items and sit down to appreciate the view of the lake, tiny islands and country houses.
Whenever you feel ready to start going down we'll be ready waiting for you to continue our adventure to one of the most colorful towns in the country: Guatape town.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Guatape, Guatape, Antioquia Department
The drive to Guatape from the rock is only 10 to 15 minutes.
At this town we take a fully narrated walking tour through the town's landmarks such as the church, main square, remembrance street, Zocalos Square and more.
Once the walking tour has concluded we take you to the best restaurant in town to have a traditional delicious lunch (not included in the tour) where you have more than 20 different options to try the local cuisine accompanied of a cold sangria or a craft beer.
After we finish our lunch and walking tour in this beautiful Guatape town we head back to Medellin in our comfortable private car with a smile in our faces and full of good memories and probably some gifts for our family back home.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up at any hotel, AirBnb or hostel in Medellin or Envigado
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our partners like restaurants, farms and facility operators are required to follow these strict guidelines. All our tours are private. We do not mix groups in the same vehicle. After booking with us we will share with you some recommendations to take into consideration before starting the tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.