Group or Private Complete Vatican: Museums, Sistine Chapel & St Peter's Basilica
Due to Covid19, until the end of 2020, this tour will be amended to ensure your safety: Please note that the opening time of the Vatican Museums may vary, we will vary the tour start time accordingly. St.Peter's Basilica may not be accessible. If this occurs during your tour we will spend more time inside the Museums & Chapel and your guide will give you an introduction to the church should you wish to visit this on your own at a later time.
Our Complete Vatican Tour gives you an in-depth understanding of the art, architecture, and history contained within the Vatican and St. Peter’s Basilica. The specially-curated itinerary ensures that you see the most famous attractions as well as lesser-known gems in just over 3 hours. With skip the line tickets to both the Museums and the Basilica, there is no quicker or more accessible way to see the best of the Vatican.
per adult from
3 hours 15 minutes
What's included :
- Skip the Line Access tickets to the Vatican Museums
- Skip the Line Access to St. Peter’s Basilica
- Expert tour guide
- Small groups, never more than 20 people
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
What's excluded :
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Enjoy our specially designed route showing you all the famous works along with our favorite lesser-known sights. Stops include the Raphael Rooms, the Belvedere Courtyard with Apollo Belvedere & Laocoön & His Sons, the Pinecone Courtyard, the Gallery of the Candelabra, the Gallery of the Maps, and the Gallery of the Tapestries.
Duration: 1 hour 5 minutes
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
Step inside the Sistine Chapel to marvel at Michelangelo’s frescoes. Your guide can’t speak inside, but before they take you in they’ll tell you what to look for and give you the surprisingly acrimonious story behind the famous room. Soak up the little details like Michelangelo’s self-portrait and hidden insults in the Last Judgement.
Duration: 1 hour 5 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Use the guides-only door between the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica to skip the long entrance lines and enjoy a full tour of one of the most famous churches on earth. Follow your guide through the istorically-important parts of the sanctuary and take in famous works of art like Michelangelo’s Pieta and Bernini’s Baldachin. Don’t forget to rub the feet of St. Peter’s statue for good luck. As you go, your guide will tell you the epic story of the Basilica’s construction and point out details that you would otherwise miss.
Duration: 1 hour 5 minutes
Departure Point :Bar L'Ottagona, Piazza del Risorgimento, 52, 00193 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Due to Covid19, until the end of 2020, this tour will be amended to ensure your safety
- Please note that the opening time of the Vatican Museums may vary, we will vary the tour start time accordingly.
- St.Peter's Basilica may not be accessible. If this occurs during your tour we will spend more time inside the Museums & Chapel and your guide will give you introduction to the church should you wish to visit this on your own at a later time
- Please remember that the Sistine Chapel is a holy place, and attire must be appropriate for the visit. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees.
- Most travelers can participate
- While the Vatican Museums are equipped with elevators for wheelchair and stroller access, they are not conveniently located on the group tour route and only give access to specific sections of the Museums. We advise clients to contact Walks Customer Service Team to make further arrangements.
- Please note that guests may only carry small handbags inside the Vatican Museums. Larger backpacks and big pointy umbrellas etc must be left at the cloakroom. It is the responsibility of the guest to return to the Vatican Museums entrance to collect these after the tour.
- Please ensure that all members of your party have a valid ID on them on the day of the visit. This is particularly important for guests who have qualified for child reduction.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- -Group size and/or tour duration may be reduced. -The opening time of the Museums may vary, we will vary the tour start time accordingly. - St. Peter's may not be accessible. If this occurs we will spend more time inside the Museums & Chapel and you will be given church tour from the outside.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.