Green Hills Uganda - Rwanda and Burundi Safari Combo 15 days 14 nights
Uganda-Rwanda and Burundi are three countries located along the Western arm of the Rift Valley, characterized by different landscapes, but unified by the presence of the green color and green hills. They offer completely different experiences of the African landscape and culture. You will follow the river Nile at Murchison Falls in Uganda, move southwards along the Albertine rift escarpment down to the hills and lakes of Rwanda and Burundi with a possible extension to DR Congo. This tour is a full immersion in the true nature, the forests and biodiversity.
• Murchison falls
• Rhino sanctuary
• Launch boat cruise
• Queen Elizabeth National Park
• Game drives and the tree climbing lions
• Gorilla tracking at Bwindi
• Chimpanzee tracking
• Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi cultural experience
per adult from
What's included :
- Airport Transfer to and from the Airport
- Ground transport per private 4wd vehicles
- Russian speaking Guide ( 500$ pp)
- English speaking guide/driver
- Accommodation in hotels mentioned in the Itinerary, based on your package preference; luxury, midrange or budget.
- Meals based on breakfast only, but can be upgraded upon request
- Bottled mineral water in the vehicle
- Game drives in National parks
- 1 Permit for chimp tracking at Kibale National park Uganda.
- Amref Flying Doctor insurance (valid for 3 months)
- Government taxes
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- International flights charges
- Visa (USD $50, available upon arrival), a valid passport of at least 6 months will be required
- Gorilla permit (USD $600 per permit per person)
- Complex rescue, helicopter rescue, medical evacuation or hospitalization in case of any accidents is not covered in our pricing
- Any optional activities
- Extra meals and drinks
- Items of personal nature
- • Day 1- On arrival at Entebbe International Airport, you will be met by our representative/driver guide who will transfer you to your hotel in Kampala. Lake Victoria View Hotel
Day 2 - The marvelous Murchison Falls
After an early breakfast, leave Kampala heading northwest. Optional: Visit the Ziwa Rhino sanctuary for a nature walk to see the rare rhinos in the wild. Lunch enroute. Proceed to Murchison Falls National Park, with a brief stop on the top of the falls, where you can see the Nile’s perfected beauty and marvel as it squeezes through a seven meter canyon. The 43 meter drop of the falls creates a thunderous roar and a beautiful rainbow in the spray. Dinner and overnight at Pakuba Safari Lodge
Day 3 - The boat cruise on the river Nile
Embark on an early morning game drive on the Northern bank where your guide will help you spot a great number of animals and birds. Return to the lodge for breakfast. Relax at the swimming pool side. After lunch, you will safari upstream by boat to the calm Victoria Nile and the base of the falls” There you can marvel at toothsome hippos, crocodiles and over the 17-kilometer stretch you may also see elephants, waterbucks and Uganda kobs. This is also the habitat for many bird species. The boat leaves you near the falls and you can hike to the top of the falls (optional). It is an exciting experience that brings you very close to the rushing whitewater as it squeezes itself through the narrow crevice below. The resulting mist from the turbulence often produces rainbows. Your driver will be waiting for you here and return for dinner and overnight at Pakuba Safari Lodge
Day 4 - Fort Portal in the shadow of the Mountains of the Moon
Day 5 - Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale National Park
Day 6 – The Queen Elizabeth National Park
Day 7 - Queen Elizabeth National Park
Day 8 - The tree climbing lions of Ishasha
Day 9 - The encounter with mountain gorillas- Gorilla tracking (optional) and transfer to Ruhengeri(Rwanda)
Day 10 – Scenic view at Gisenyi and Transfer to Cyangugu (Rwanda)
Day 11 – Primates viewing and game drives in Nyungwe Forest (Rwanda)
Day 12 –Kigali City and the culture of Rwanda
Day 13 – Transfer to Bujubura- Burundi
Day 14 – Bujumbura city tour and Burundi cultural Drama show.
Day 15 City tour and departure
Departure Point :Bujumbura International airport
Departure Time :Reserved for city tour around Bujumbura. You will visit the important cultural and religious sites. Have lunch and prepare to leave for Bujumbura International airport for your flight back. Canyon Safaris will be there to say good bye and to wish you a pleasant flight, taking back an unforgettable experience and treasurable memories.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vaccination against Yellow Fever is no longer mandatory. Take your anti-malarial drugs before arrival in Uganda and come along with mosquito repellants. We recommend that you bring all your personal medications.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.