Great Wall Origins: Beijing Bullet Train to Qinghuangdao Private Day Trip
On this day, you will take bullet train from Beijing to Qinghuangdao, a port city on the coast of China in northeastern Hebei province. You will visit the the famous attractions Old Dragon's Head (Laolongtou), Shanhaiguan Pass (First Pass under Heaven), Shanhaiguan Gate Tower, Great Wall Museum, Jiaoshan Great wall (only if time allows) and Old Town. Lunch, entrance fee, private guide and transfer service are all inclusive.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Entrance ticket
- Gasline, Parking and Toll fees
- Bullet train second class seat
- Entry/Admission - Laolongtou (Old Dragon's Head)
- Entry/Admission - Great Wall at Shanhaiguan Pass (Zhendong Gate)
- Entry/Admission - Great Wall Museum
- Entry/Admission - Great Wall at Jiaoshan
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Laolongtou (Old Dragon's Head), South of Shanhaiguan District, Shanhaiguan District, Qinhuangdao 066200 China
After pick up from your hotel in Beijing in the early morning, transfer to the Beijing Train Station with your private guide and catch the bullet train to Qinghuangdao City with included tickets (a 2-hour journey). Upon arrival, you will first visit Old Dragon's Head in Laolongtou, the easternmost end of the Great Wall, where the wall juts out into Bohai Sea. This section was first built in the Ming dynasty, in 1579, and was largely repaired during the Qing dynasty, in 1668.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Great Wall at Shanhaiguan Pass (Zhendong Gate), Northeast of Shanhaiguan District, Shanhaiguan District, Qinhuangdao 066200 China
Continue your tour to the famous Shanhaiguan Pass (Shanhai Pass), known as the 'First Pass Under Heaven.' The well-preserved first gate of Great Wall, it used to be part of an important defense against intrusions by the nomadic people from the north. You can see the Shanhaiguan Gate Tower and visit the Great Wall Museum nearby.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Great Wall Museum, In Shanhaiguan District, Shanhaiguan District, Qinhuangdao 066200 China
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Great Wall at Jiaoshan, Jiaoshan Road, Qinhuangdao China
Enjoy a typical Chinese lunch at a local restaurant before visiting the Old Town in the Shanhaiguan Pass area in the afternoon. If time allows, you can also visit the Jiaoshan Great Wall.
After a day spent in Qinghuangdao, your guide will accompany you on the late afternoon bullet train back to Beijing, where you will be transferred back to your hotel in the evening.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You will pickup in your city center hotel lobby
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants for getting your bullet train ticket in advance
- Date of Birth is required at time of booking for all participants for getting your bullet train ticket in advance
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.