Great treasure hunt at the castle of Losse
This great treasure hunt organized in the towers, underground passages and gardens of the Château de Losse is particularly suitable for families with children under 14 years old.
The castle and gardens of Losse are classified as a Historic Monument and Remarkable Gardens. They are located on the D706, 5km from the Lascaux caves in the Dordogne. The great treasure hunt is organized in the fortified enclosure of the medieval castle to which a Renaissance lodge was added in 1575. The castle is fully furnished with period furniture. It has one of the finest collection of 16th and 17th century tapestries. The gardens and the large arbor open onto the Vézère valley where the treasure hunt is organized over more than 5 hectares.
per adult from
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
Over 450 years ago, John II Lord of Losse returned to the fortress built by his ancestors. From a young age, he had served the Crown, as a page of François I then by taking part in several battles and by defending strongholds under the reigns of Kings Henry II and Charles IX. His merits were recognized and he derived fame and fortune from it.
In 1570, as you can read on the stone above the entrance vault, he built the castle within the fortress. Where did he hide his treasure which enabled him to do this work? We found 3 hiding places.
It's up to you to discover 3 small boxes in the course of the outdoor visit in which you will find puzzles that will allow you to receive your gold coin.
The treasure hunt begins in the park where you will discover what the defenders of France in 1944 took as a “horse courser”. It extends over the ramparts of the medieval fortress and into the underground passages.
Departure Point :Château et jardins de Losse, Allée du Château de Losse, 24290 Thonac, France
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.