Great Ocean Road Reverse Itinerary with 12 Apostles and Lunch from Melbourne
Explore the 12 Apostles and Great Ocean Road without the crowds on our Reverse Great Ocean Road Day Tour! This day trip includes all the highlights of the standard tour but visits the 12 Apostles and the Shipwreck Coast in the morning instead of the afternoon. By going against the flow of the traffic we avoid the busy tourist crowds allowing us to make the most of all this stunning region has to offer.
per adult from
What's included :
- Light picnic lunch provided
- All National Park entry fees
- Australian wildlife sightings, in the wild.
- Professional driver guide with live commentary
- Audio translation app available in 10 different languages
- Entry/Admission - WWI Memorial
- Entry/Admission - Twelve Apostles
- Entry/Admission - Loch Ard Gorge
- Entry/Admission - Maits Rest Rainforest Walk
- Entry/Admission - Great Ocean Road Memorial Archway
What's excluded :
- Meals not indicated
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: WWI Memorial, 117 Murray St, Colac VIC 3250, Australia
We stop to stretch our legs and enjoy morning tea
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Twelve Apostles, Great Ocean Road, Port Campbell, Victoria 3269 Australia
We take time to admire the amazing Limestone stack formations with minimal other tourists around, also if you are keen to take to the skies and add a helicopter ride over the Apostles on to your experience then this is the tour for you!
Taking your time to walk along the boardwalks and capture perfect photos of the Twelve Apostles in the morning sun is just breathtaking.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Loch Ard Gorge, Great Ocean Road Port Campbell National Park, Port Campbell, Victoria Australia
Also in the National Park we head down to Loch Ard Gorge, site of one of Australia’s most well know shipwrecks, hear the dramatic tale of Tom and Eva. Take time to walk down on to the beach and get the sand in-between your toes, or walk out over the top of the Gorge and find the Island Archway and Razorback rock formations.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Maits Rest Rainforest Walk, Great Ocean Rd, Cape Otway VIC 3233, Australia
We then depart just as other tour buses start to arrive, we head Eastward along the Great Ocean Road, coming inland we drive through towering Eucalyptus trees until we arrive at a patch of Cool Temperate Rainforest. You will be amazed at the difference in scenery as we take a walk through the tree ferns and, marvel at the ‘ancient relics’ – the Myrtle Beach trees that provide perfect canopy shade and originate from when Australia was part of a super continent known as Gondwanaland. Breath in the fresh air before we take a relaxing drive out to the dramatic Shipwreck Coast!
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Wye River, Wye River, Victoria
Along the journey we will be making stops to look for Koalas hanging out in the wild, as they are exactly that, wild, we cannot guarantee where they will show up, but our knowledgeable guides know all the best spots to search for them.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Great Ocean Road Memorial Archway, Great Ocean Rd 689/721 Great Ocean Rd, Lorne, Victoria Australia
A monument to mark the original starting point of the Great Ocean Road.
After some photos at the iconic Memorial Arch and a lesson on the history of the soldiers who built this road and dedicated it to their fallen comrades, we will wind through more stunning views (of course stopping for pictures!)
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Immigration Museum, 400 Flinders St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Departure Time :7:35 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please reconfirm within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children under 18yrs old, must be accompanied by an adult or legal guardian
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking (on request only)
- Not wheelchair, prams or stroller accessible please do not bring on tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- For your safety, we have implemented comprehensive hygiene measures and increased regular sanitation. It is mandatory that all guests complete the Declaration of Health and Travel History and reconfirm their tour 48 hours prior to departure.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.