Grand Central Terminal Walking Tour
The Grand Central Terminal Tour in German in the heart of Manhattan is more than just a main train station. It is not only one of New York's most filmed and most visited attractions, but has also secured the title as a national, historical landmark with its unique construction and captivating interior design. Our certified guide will accompany you to explore the peculiarities and hidden corners of this unique architecture and share its background knowledge with you.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Certified guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Grand Central Terminal, 89 E 42nd Street, New York City, NY 10017-5503
The tour starts on Mondays from the VOLATOUR headquarters in Midtown. Together with our guide you can reach the Grand Central Terminal in just a few minutes.
Once there, you first go to the main hall of the train station, the Main Concourse, with its nostalgic ticket counters, the famous brass clock and the impressive, turquoise hall ceiling. Then it goes on to the shopping gallery and the dining concourse, which are dedicated to the various boutiques and restaurants, as well as the Grand Central Market, a market hall with culinary specialties from all over the world.
Once outside, you can admire the group of sculptures at the main entrance before continuing the tour towards the East River. You will not only pass the iconic Chrysler Building, as well as the Daily News Building, but also the United Nations headquarters. The tour finally ends in Midtown Manhattan, opposite the imposing New York Public Library.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :33 W 46th St, New York, NY 10036, USA
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :New York Public Library - Stephen A. Schwarzman Building, 476 5th Ave, New York, NY 10018, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.