Grand Cathedrals: Peter & Paul Cathedral, St. Isaac's, Spilled Blood Church
Numerous churches and cathedrals of Saint- Petersburg play incredible role in formation of the city’s architectural ensemble. It’s impossible to imagine Saint-Petersburg without its gilded domes and onion-shaped cupolas. During 300 years of the city’s existence, attitude to religion has been different, however luckily, the most significant and ornate places of worship have not been destroyed. You will be absolutely amazed and impressed visiting 3 main cathedrals of the city, while our highly professional guide will provide you with numerous stories and rich history of this remarkable places.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Peter and Paul Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - The State Museum St. Isaac’s Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Peter and Paul Cathedral, Sobornaya Sq., 1 Petropavlovskaya Fortress, St. Petersburg 197046 Russia
The city of Saint- Petersburg started from a tiny island, called Zayachii, where in 1703 Peter I ordered to construct Peter & Paul Fortress. At this very spot Peter founded the first church of Saint-Petersburg - Peter and Paul Cathedral. Cathedral, combining western and Russian architectures, has quite strict and elegant exterior but it's interior, which purl is an amazing gilded altar, happens to be incredibly rich and ornate. Cathedral today is the third tallest construction in the city, and is also a burial place of the Romanov's dynasty.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: The State Museum St. Isaac’s Cathedral, St Isaac_s Square, 4 Nevskiy Prospekt metro station, St. Petersburg 190000 Russia
St. Isaac's cathedral is one of the city's premier tourist attractions. The construction of this grand cathedral took 40 years and it happens to be the 4th largest dome cathedral in the world. Its opulent interior designed by outstanding Auguste de Montferrand and decorated by the best Russian artists is equally impressive, as the wonderful view from the cathedral's colonnade.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, Griboyedova Kanala Emb., 2B/A, St. Petersburg 191186 Russia
Deliberately designed in the Russian Revival style to resemble St. Basil's in Moscow, Spilled Blood Church is one of Saint-Petersburg’s most striking landmarks, quite unlike the rest of the city's European architecture. The construction of multicolored, onion-domed Church of the Savior on the Blood begun in 1882 on the orders of tsar Alexander III to commemorate his father Alexander II, who was assassinated on this site the previous year.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your tour guide / driver/ will be waiting for you in your hotel’s lobby / in the port’s terminal/ at theconfirmed meeting point with the company’s sign.Ports
- Morskoy Fasad, ул. Кораблестроителей, 32, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 199397
- Solyanoy Prichal, Октябрьская наб., 122, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 193149
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 5/1/2020 - 10/23/2021
Monday: 10:00 AM - 06:00 PM Tuesday: 10:00 AM - 06:00 PM Thursday: 10:00 AM - 06:00 PM Friday: 10:00 AM - 06:00 PM Saturday: 10:00 AM - 06:00 PM Sunday: 10:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.