Grand Candelaria Private Walking Tour with Cacao & Coffee Workshop + Museums
If you believe that the best way to really get to know a new place is by walking around, then this private tour is perfect for you! On this Grand Candelaria Private Walking Tour you will discover the true Candelaria, its main sights, hidden gems and our favorite spots. Be amazed by the largest collection of pre-hispanic figures at the Gold Museum and enjoy the art of one of the most prominent living artist at the Botero Museum. We boost this incredible day with a cacao & coffee workshop and tasting, at a shop located in the heart of the neighborhood.
But 8 hours in one place is a lot...
Trust us, is not! La Candelaria is the most important neighborhood of Bogotá. Therefore, most of the landmarks are located there, plus it is full with cool hidden gems.
Would you like to try great local food?
We will have lunch at Origen Bistro, an awarded restaurant known for its unique approach to local gastronomy and our personal favorite restaurant to have traditional dishes.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- All Fees and Taxes
- Private tour
- Lunch - At Origen Bistro
- Cacao and Coffee Workshop
- Entrance fee to Gold Museum
- Tour insurance
- Face Mask and Hand Sanitizer
- Entry/Admission - Gold Museum (Museo del Oro)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Plaza de Bolivar, Between Carreras 7 and 8 at Calle 10, Bogota Colombia
Meet your local host at the most important square not only in Bogotá, but in Colombia! Known for the Justice Palace Siege that took place in the 90’s.
Duration: 40 minutes
Pass By: CASA DE NARINO, Carrera 8 No.7-26, Bogota Colombia
Take a look at the Presidential House of Colombia! Residence and office of every Colombian president since the early 1900s.
Stop At: Church of San Agustin, Carrera 7 No 7-13, Bogota Colombia
Go inside this beautiful baroque church, keeper of colonial secrets and hidden gems. Reconstruct our colonial history from the stories of our greatest heroes and heroines
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Museo Nacional de Colombia Fragmentos, Carrera 7 Calle 6B-30, Bogota 111831 Colombia
Wondering about colombian conflict? Let's have an intimate talk about it at this powerful place design by the Colombian artist Doris Salcedo and built by female victims of the Colombian conflict.
*Please note that Fragmentos is closed on Tuesdays.
Duration: 40 minutes
Pass By: Cacao & Coffee House Bogotá, Cra. 6 ##8-69, Bogotá, Colombia
It is time for our Cacao & Coffee workshop!
Discover the secrets behind the world of Colombian cacao & coffee! Try different sub-products of both beans, taste different beverages and even learn how to prepare the perfect cup in a barista style!
Stop At: Santuario Nuestra Senora del Carmen, Carrera 5 No. 8-36, Bogota Colombia
Take a picture at the only Gothic Sanctuary of La Candelaria, house of the beloved Virgen del Carmen.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Museo Botero del Banco de la Republica, Calle 11 No. 4-41, Bogota 250051 Colombia
Admire the art of one of the most prominent living artist at the Botero Museum.
*Please note that the Botero Museum is closed on Tuesdays.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Plaza Del Chorro Del Quevedo, Carrera 2 at Calle 13, Bogota Colombia
This hidden square is one of the most vibrant places in the city. Mostly known for its local & social atmosphere and its awesome graffiti art!
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Centro Cultural Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Calle 11 # 5-60, Bogota 250051 Colombia
This cultural center offers a beautiful view of the city center making it a great spot to take a picture!
Stop At: Avenida Carrera 7, Bogota Colombia
Witness the corner where Colombia’s biggest murder mystery took place. Listen the story behind it and understand the way it shaped our future and marked the beginning of a new era!
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: ORIGEN BISTRO, Cra. 4 ## 12 C 88, Bogotá, Colombia
Relax and enjoy a typical lunch at an awarded colombian restaurant. This is an open menu lunch that includes: appetizer, main dish, soft drink and coffee!
*Are you vegan or vegetarian? No problem! they also have great options for you to choose from.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Av Jimenez - Cra 6 Plazoleta del Rosario, Bogota Colombia
Take a look of one of the first universities in the country, known for being a jail during the colony!
Stop At: Gold Museum (Museo del Oro), Carrera 6 No.15-88, Bogota 110321 Colombia
Be astonish by the largest collection of pre-hispanic figures, discover colombians indigenous heritage and understand their deep connection with gold and nature.
*Please note that the Gold Museum is closed on Mondays.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Avenida Carrera 7, Bogota Colombia
Walk through the most important commercial street in Bogotá since colonial times and be amazed by the crafts and creativity of Colombian street vendors.
Pass By: Plaza de Bolivar, Between Carreras 7 and 8 at Calle 10, Bogota Colombia
This is where the tour ends. Your host can give you recommendations of what to do next or where to enjoy a meal or a drink.
Departure Point :Bolivar Square, Cra. 7 #11-10, La Candelaria, Bogotá, Colombia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If you have any allergy or alimentary condition please let us know beforehand.
- Bring tons of energy and be ready to have a great time!
- Please wear comfortable shoes.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Tour won´t be cancelled due to weather conditions.
- You will receive confirmation email upon booking.
- Dress appropriately for the weather, in Bogota we never know if it’s going to rain or if we are going to have a sunny day, so please, bring a jacket or umbrella, but also use sun block and a t-shirt.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.