Granada and its Islets Tour from Managua
Granada, colonial city is one of the main tourist destinations of the country. You will take a boat ride around Cocibolca Lake to see the Granada Islets, and also take a tour around the oldest city of America to admire its churches, old colonial houses, museums, art galleries and central square.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Iglesia de La Merced
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Your trip will start when a guide picks you up at your hotel in Managua. The transfer to Granada city takes around 45 minutes. After this, get ready to the adventure as you will visit the city of Granada, the oldest city in Latin America. You will visit places of great historical importance for the city, like its great lake.
You will begin with a visit to the Polvora Fortress built in 1748, it served as a strong protection for the city before the pirates. Then you will continue along the main street, Xalteva, visiting the Churches Maria Auxiliadora, Xalteva, and La Merced. You will enter and climb the tower and see one of the best views of the city, the lake, volcano Mombacho and tile roofs.
Afterwards, you will visit the Church and San Francisco convent which were damaged by the war against William Walker in 1856. There will be a stop for lunch on your own. Then, you will visit the Great Lake of Nicaragua and its 365 islands, with over 8,000 sq km being the only freshwater lake that houses the Bull Shark and the Sawfish.
You will be taken back to your hotel in Managua at the end of the day.
Departure Point :Hotels in Managua
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions.
- Some sites in Granada can be closed on the following dates: 14 & 15 September, 24 & 25 December, 31 December, 01 January and Sundays afternoon.
- Operated by a Bilingual guide (English / Spanish)
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.