Golden Rock Day Return Tour with English Speaking Driver
The Golden Rock is one of the most famous places to visit in Myanmar, we offer an affordable day-tour from Yangon to Golden Rock! The day return trip to the Golden Rock near Kyaikhtiyo is one of the most revered pilgrimage sites for Myanmar Buddhists. The gold-leaf-covered boulder is said to maintain its balance thanks to a single hair of the Buddha being enshrined inside the pagoda. From the pagoda, you can observe the pilgrims devout in prayers or applying gold leaf to the boulder, while enjoying a spectacular view of the valley below.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Personal Fees and Tips
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Yangon (Rangoon), Yangon (Rangoon), Yangon Region
At 5:00 AM - 5:45 AM: Pick up in Yangon In the morning between 5 AM to 5:45 AM you get picked up at your hotel and transfer to the meeting point at the Golden Express office. From here the tour starts. Around 7 AM: War Memorial You stop at the Htaukkyant War memorial cemetery, a cemetery for Allied soldiers of the British Commonwealth, who died in the battle in Burma (Myanmar) during the Second World War. Please note, that this is just a quick stop on the way. The cemetery cannot be visited. Around 8 AM: Breakfast We will stop for breakfast at 39 miles (Phayar Gyi Junction) on our way to Golden Rock. Around 10:30 AM: Kinpun base camp After two and a half hours, we reach the Kinpun base camp. Here you join an adventurous ride in a public open truck to reach the Golden Rock. Taking the local truck is an adventure itself as the road is very bumpy. You can also reach the Golden Rock Pagoda by cable car. The cable car gate is situated halfway to the mountain. If you wish to reach the Golden Rock by cable car, both truck and cable car fares must be paid. Around 11:30 AM: Walk to the Golden Rock local market Upon arrival at the truck station, you will walk up to the Golden Rock pagoda by passing lots of vendors - take this chance to snap some colorful photos. On the top of the hill, you have plenty of time to not only admire the magnificent view of the mountain landscape but especially the legendary Golden Rock. Around 3 PM: Lunch After spending around 1 ½ to 2 hours at the Golden Rock, you have lunch at a restaurant on top of the mountain. Around 5 PM: Return to Yangon In the afternoon, we head back to Yangon. There will be another stop 39 miles (Phayar Gyi Junction) for refreshments. Around 8 PM: Arrival Yangon Upon arrival in Yangon, you get dropped off at your hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.