Golden Circle Glacier Super Jeep Tour / guided private tour
Available - All year - every day as a private tour Pick up time 09.00 Duration 8-9 hours Þingvellir national park, Geysir hot spring, Gullfoss waterfall, Highland road, Glacier Langjökull.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
What's included :
- Private tour
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- The Golden Circle is Iceland´s most popular day trip, for good reason. You see the one and only original Geysir. Having Gullfoss waterfall in front of you is worth a day trip on its own. Þingvellir is a National Park, nature reserve, UNESCO World Heritage site, and split by the Mid-Atlantic Rift. But by using our Super jeeps, we can also add the huge Langjökull glacier to your list of impressions. We start the day in Þingvellir, where the Parliament of Iceland was founded in 930 AD. There, you get a view from “the edge of America” over the Mid-Atlantic continental divide. Continuing, we pass the geothermal heated Laugarvatn lake before arriving at the Great Geysir hot spring area, peppered with small and large boiling water springs. The most spectacular one, Strokkur, blasts boiling water up to 30m skywards, up to 3 times in a minute. After quality time at Geysir, a short drive takes us to Gullfoss waterfall, Iceland’s most visited, where glacier melt water thunders in two stages into a 70m deep basalt canyon. We then maneuver a gravel track snaking up mountains towards Europe’s second largest glacier, Langjökull. There, a snowmobile ride is optional if pre-booked, of course dependent on weather, conditions, and time of year. In the afternoon, we descend again and traverse the South Iceland agricultural heartland on our way home to Reykjavik
Departure Point :Reykjavik, Reykjavik, Capital Region
Traveler pickup is offered
Please let us know where you would like to picked up for the tour.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.