Golden Circle Classic Day Tour from Reykjavik
Follow Iceland’s Golden Circle route and explore the UNESCO–listed Thingvellir National Park on this day tour from Reykjavik. Travel with a guide into the Thingvellir National Park and discover the geothermal lakes, soaring peaks, and rugged landscapes for which the region is famous. Take in top attractions including the hot springs at Geysir and Gullfoss waterfall, and marvel at the spectacular natural scenery you find. With your on-board audio guide, gain insight into Iceland’s colourful history and fascinating geology. Tour includes round-trip travel from Reykjavík Terminal.
per adult from
7 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- In-bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Finnish)
- On board free WiFi
- USB charger available in every seat
- Entry/Admission - Thingvellir National Park
- Entry/Admission - Geysir
- Entry/Admission - Gullfoss
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Headphones / earbuds for the on-board audio guide (please bring your own; or, they are available for purchase on site)
- Hotel pickup is not included with your purchase. SmartBus™ hotel pickup is available at extra cost.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Reykjavik Terminal, Skógarhlíð 10, Reykjavík, Iceland
Tours depart from the Reykjavik Terminal located at Skógarhlíð 10. Please be sure to arrive 15 minutes prior to departure along with a printed or digital copy of your ticket/voucher.
If you have booked a hotel pickup with SmartBus™, please be at your chosen pickup location 30 minutes before the departure of the tour. Look for the Green SmartBus™ which will be outside your accommodation at within the 30 minutes of pickup.
From Reykjavik Terminal, hop aboard your vehicle and travel into the Golden Circle with your guide. Along the way, learn about the history, ecology, and geology of the area through the on-board audio guide — available in 10 languages.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Thingvellir National Park, Thingvellir Iceland
Located on the northern shores of Þingvallavatn (Iceland's largest lake), Þingvellir (anglicized as 'thingvellir') is the national pride of Iceland and our first National Park. It is, for one, a key location in Icelandic history as the oldest existing parliament in the world first assembled there in 930 AD. For this reason, Þingvellir has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is, therefore, a protected national park due to its unique geology and natural features. From the viewing area, the Almannagjá canyon between two tectonic plates can be seen, a visual representation of continental drift.
As the first stop along the tour, you will have an opportunity to walk through the park and use the restroom if needed.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Geysir, Haukadalur Iceland
A favourite stop along the Golden Circle is the highly active Geysir Hot Spring Area with boiling mud pits and the lively Strokkur which spouts water 30 meters (100 ft) into the air every few minutes.The area became active more than 1000 years ago and comprises more than a dozen hot hot spring holes. Although one can only see steam emerging from the surface of Geysir these days, its name was adopted to represent spouting hot springs all over the world.
Along the tour, the newly opened Geysir Center offers guests and travellers a chance to use the restroom and to catch some refreshments as well as lunch.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Gullfoss, White River, Blaskogabyggd 801 Iceland
As one of the most popular attractions in all of Iceland, Gullfoss is a waterfall located in the canyon of Hvítá river in the southwest of the country. The beautiful Hvítá river rushes southward in three steps into a narrow canyon with a breathtaking roar and grandeur. Furthermore, on clear days the magnificent Langjökull glacier, Iceland's second largest glacier, can be seen in the distance.
Guests and Travelers may use the restroom and purchase food and refreshments at this location as well.
Duration: 1 hour 5 minutes
Departure Point :Reykjavik Terminal, Skógarhlíð 10, Reykjavík, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickups are operated by SmartBus™ - for hotel pick ups we kindly ask you to be ready outside your accommodation or at the nearest bus stop 30 minutes before departure time.Because of traffic limitations, customers staying in postcode 101 might have to make their way to the closest pick-up spot. Your hotel receptionist can help you find out which one that is. If you are staying in a private accommodation, please contact the local supplier to knowPlease note: pickup is not available from Airbnb or private housing. Please contact the operator for information information on the nearest pick up location to your accommodationPick up is also available from the following hotels:- Apartment K - Ingólfsstræti 1a - AR Central Apartments- Best Western Hotel Reykjavík- Black Pearl Hotel - Domus Guesthouse- Flying Viking Guesthouse- Grettisborg Apartments- Guesthouse 101 - Guesthouse Aurora- Guesthouse Summerday- Laugavegur Apartments- Reykjavik Domestic Airport- Villa Guesthouse- Black Tower - Gray Tower- Stay Apartments Einholt- Stay Apartments Laugavegur - Stay Brilliant- Skarfabakki cruise terminal- Reykjavík Terminal - Elding Whale watching center- Frakkastígur Apartments - BSÍ Bus terminal- Thomsen - Brilliant apartments- Apartment K - Lindargata 60- Reykjavik 4you Apartments - Laugavegur 85- Bergstaðarstræti Aparments- Hotel Reykjavik Center- Sandhotel- Apartment K - Skólastræti 1 - Apartment K - Laugavegur 74- Apartment K - Laugavegur 85-86- Apartment K - Laugarvegur 46- Apartment K - Hverfisgata 37- Apartment K - Thingholtsstraeti 2-4- Apartment K - Hverfisgata 14- Phoenix Hotel- 1912 Guesthouse- Pávi Apartments- B14 - Rooms and Apartments- Konsulate Hotel by HiltonPorts
- Skarfabakki cruise terminal
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Audio-guide languages available: English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.