GOLDEN CIRCLE & THE SECRET LAGOON Private tour
On this tour around the Golden Circle, we will confront the raw power of the Icelandic nature in south-west Iceland before finishing up with a magical soak in the Secret Lagoon, a quiet hot spring located in the small country village of Flúðir. With plenty of time to explore the natural wonders encountered along the way, guaranteed small group, and local guide who takes the roads less travelled, this is assured to be a tour you won’t forget – especially as it takes place during the quieter afternoon and evening time, truly the best time to enjoy the stunning sights in this part of Iceland.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- The first stop on the tour is Þingvellir National Park, where you can witness the primordial power of a country in the making by walking between two tectonic plates that are slowly inching apart.
From Þingvellir, the tour makes its way into Haukadalur Valley, an exciting area full of hot springs that’s home to the second stop along the Golden Circle, Geysir. While the area’s namesake
Geysir isn’t so active anymore, it’s fierce little brother
Strokkur is exactly the opposite; every 4-5 minutes it bubbles up and explodes in a plume of water that shoots up 20 meters into the air
The final stop on the Golden Circle is the most majestic – Gullfoss, or the Golden Waterfall. At the very edge of the desolate Icelandic highlands, Gullfoss thunders down two sets of cliffs, plunging 32 meters into the canyon below where it disappears in a shroud of mist. The waterfall runs along the river Hvítá which originates from the glacier Langjökull and is no doubt one of the most beautiful sights in Iceland.
After Gullfoss, we go to Gamla Laugin, or the Secret Lagoon, a historic and natural pool that serves as the perfect place to unwind after the days adventures. A boardwalk circles through the surrounds allowing guests to get up close and personal with the geothermal hot spots, and you can even admire a small geysir that gently erupts while you soak in the 38-40°C water (100-104°F).
As with all our tours, we focus on environmentally friendly travel. This means small tour groups, travelling the lesser known roads to our destinations, and surprise stops at some hidden gems along the way!
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :Summer Schedule (May 1st – Sep. 30th): Check for availability Departure: 3PM (pick-up begins 30 minutes before departure) Winter Schedule (Oct. 1st – April 30th): Check for availability Departure: 1PM (pick-up begins 30 minutes before departure)
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.