Glacier Lagoon & South Coast. Private Day Tour
Experience this truly magnificent day tour devoted to the south shore wonders of Iceland, including the Jokulsarlon, deep glacier lagoon, a surreal and breathtaking place. Take an hour boat trip at the lagoon and sail among all shape and size icebergs at the footage of the biggest in Europe Vatnajokull glacier. Visit the highlights of the South Coast such as Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss waterfalls, and walk on the Reynisfjara and Diamond black sand beaches.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Reykjavik
- Private tour for your party
- Driver-guide services
- Tour transportation
- Entry/Admission - Seljalandsfoss
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Boat tour at glacier lagoon is optional
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Seljalandsfoss, Hella Iceland
Seljalandsfoss is a supremely graceful waterfall, fed by the meltwater of the Eyjafjallajokull glacier. This impressive natural wonder falls about 63 meters (200 feet) into the quiet pool below, and there is a hidden trail behind the falls so you can watch the waterfall from all directions.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Skogafoss, Skogar Iceland
Skogafoss, one of the largest and most elegant waterfalls in Iceland, is 25 meters (75 feet) wide and 60 meters (195 feet) high. A waterfall of this size generates a lot of sprays, which on sunny days often creates a bright single or even double rainbow, adding to the charm of Skogafoss Falls. We will be able to walk to the base of the waterfall, as well as climb the stairs to the observation deck to see the waterfall from above.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Reynisfjara Beach, Route 215, Vik Iceland
Reynisfjara is the most famous black sand beach on the south coast of Iceland. Its beautiful black sand and pebbles, vertical basalt columns, powerful ocean waves, and the nearby Reinisdrangar sea cliffs make Reinisfjara a truly unique place to visit.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Glacier Lagoon, Skaftafell National Park Route 1, Jokulsarlon 781 Iceland
The Jokulsarlon glacial lagoon is part of the Vatnajokull National Park. The lagoon is constantly changing, blue, white, turquoise, and even black icebergs drift in it and creak in ice dance. Icebergs are 1000-year-old chunks of the retreating Breidamerkurjokull Glacier that break off, melt and then float into the ocean. The lagoon is connected to the ocean through a small strait through which saltwater enters the lagoon during high tides, giving the water a unique blue-green color. During the summer months, the lagoon offers boat trips, as well as year-round hiking opportunities along the coast.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Reykjavik, Reykjavik, Capital Region
Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We follow official requirements from the Icelandic Directorate of Health. Detailed information can be found at the website: https://www.covid.is/english
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.