Girona Tour & Costa Brava Beach Plus Seaside Lunch from Barcelona
Discover Girona and its Medieval beauty, rich Jewish heritage, and architectural and cultural relevance, on this full-day guided tour from Barcelona.
Arrive in less than one hour and a half in a comfortable vehicle. Meandering through the charming narrow streets of the old town, you’ll visit the Cathedral and the Jewish Quarter from the tenth century and be transported back in time.
And after, a short drive away, we’ll unwind in Calella de Palafrugell, one of the most splendid fisherman’s villages along the Catalan coast. We’ll admire its whitewashed houses and pretty beaches, with fishing boats hauled up on the sand while we enjoy a relaxing local meal in front of the beach. We'll have some free time to walk around or rest before we head back to Barcelona.
per adult from
What's included :
- The Tour, the Guide and the Transport are exclusively and only for a group up to15 people.
- Complimentary cup of coffee before embarking on our walking tour.
- Delicious Mediterranean three-course lunch in a renowned local restaurant in Calella de Palafrugell - our treat!
- Free time to explore in Calella de Palafrugel.
- Small group to ensure a personalized experience.
- Friendly, professional and native licensed guide.
- Transported in a comfortable vehicle FROM/TO the meeting point (Central Barcelona)
- Skip-the-line tickets to The Cathedral of Girona
- Entry/Admission - Girona Cathedral (Catedral)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: El Cul de la lleona, Carrer de Jaume Pons i Marti, s/n, 17004 Girona Spain
Depart from central Barcelona and travel in a comfortable vehicle for about an hour and a half to Girona, which is a medieval gem. After a coffee break, we head to El Cul de La Lleona with an explanation of the legend of The Lioness' bottom.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Esglesia de Sant Feliu, Pujada De Sant Feliou 29, 17004 Girona Spain
Explanation of the history of the church and the facade.
Stop At: Girona Cathedral (Catedral), Placa de la Catedral, s/n, 17004 Girona Spain
Next, stroll over to the gothic Cathedral of Girona, which was founded in 1038 and is the second widest gothic cathedral in the world, after the Vatican. This monument has a long history spanning 1,000 years. Explanation of the history of the cathedral and facade and skip-the-line tickets to go inside.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Patronat Call de Girona, Carrer de la Forca, 8, 17004 Girona Spain
Get lost in the winding streets of the Gothic quarter and learn about the small community of 20 families who settled here in the 10th-century. Learn about their rich legacy of culture in one of the most preserved Jewish quarters in Europe.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Eiffel Bridge (Pont de les Peixateries Velles), Pont de les Peixateries Velles, 4, 17004 Girona Spain
Cross one of the gems of the city of Girona, the Eiffel bridge
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Rambla de la Libertad, 17004 Girona Spain
Cross the beautiful and most important promenade of Girona
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Playas de Calella, Calella de Palafrugell, Palafrugell Spain
Take a short trip to Calella de Palafrugell, a stunning coastal town, where you will enjoy a three-course meal at a local restaurant situated on the beach. You have the opportunity to sample the local fare including paella or fresh fish accompanied by wine from the surrounding vineyards. After lunch, you have free time to walk on the beach on your own, dip your feet in the sea or take a swim (weather-permitting). When the tour ends, be returned to the departure point in central Barcelona.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Plaça de Catalunya, 19, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough bookings to meet requirements (2 person minimum per tour). In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative date or full refund
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We comply with all Covid 19 safety protocols for tourist agency operation in Barcelona
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.