Girona and Montserrat Guided Day Tour from Barcelona
Enjoy this day trip visiting Girona, its rich legacy of culture and history and visit Montserrat Abbey to discover this magical mountain of Catalonia to enjoy one of the most amazing landscapes in the world. Receive insights from your knowledgeable local guide and embark on a one of a kind experience.
per adult from
11 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Air conditioned motor coach.
- Bilingual official guide.
- Guided walking tour to Girona.
- Taste of 4 typical liquors. Handmade by the monks of the monastery.
- Cog – Wheel Train.
- Radio system guide
- Entrance to the audio visual “Espai Audio visual Montserrat” exhibition in Montserrat.
- Discounts at some of the main attractions
What's excluded :
- Entrance to the Girona Cathedral.
- Food and drinks, unless specified.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Other services not specified.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Girona, Girona, Province of Girona, Catalonia
On arrival, follow your guide to the city center for a two-hour walking tour. Discover the Old Town and learn about some of the myths and legends related to the city. Stroll down la Rambla, see some of the most important plazas of Girona and explore its winding alleys. Will you recognize the construction by Eiffel near the Onyar Houses above the river?
See some of the locations where the HBO hit series Game of Thrones filmed many scenes of its sixth season. Admire the exterior of the magnificent Cathedral (SPOILER ALERT!) destroyed on the TV series. Walk along a part of the city medieval walls and marvel at the amazing views of the old town. Originally built in the XIV century, the old walls were destroyed to expand the city in the XIX century. Today, due to the reconstruction of the missing parts it is possible to walk along them.
Take advantage of the free time you will be given after the guided tour and visit the Cathedral on your own or grab a quick bite to eat.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Monistrol de Montserrat, 08691, Barcelona, Spain
Admire the Mountain’s peculiar morphology, which comes from the Catalan words Mont (mountain) and Serrat (serrated). World-famous for its rocky geography, Montserrat beautiful scenery was declared National Park in 1987 to protect its natural and cultural wealth.
Follow your local guide through the site and learn about the history and architectural style of the Monastery. A community of 80 monks currently lives and follow the rule of Saint Benedict in Montserrat. Fall in love with the Gothic and Renaissance details of the basilica and sanctuary. Learn about the legend of the miraculous apparition of the Madonna and Child in the cave of Santa Cova. To this day their wood carving is kept in the Church of the monastery, which you will be able to visit. The figure is popularly known as La Moreneta (The Black Madonna) as a result of a varnish reaction.
Besides the main area, there are a great number of small churches and trails you can follow. You will be given free time to taste the finest liquors, shop for locally produced treats or visit the audio visual exhibition once our guided tour finishes.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Carrer de Balmes, 5, 08007 Barcelona, Spain
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals.
- At Montserrat there is a mountains climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- For Montserrat, we departure at 3:00PM. Check in at 2.45PM at Julià Travel Office, c/Balmes 5.
- You have approximately 20 min of free time for lunch between both parts of the excursions. Lunch not included.
- Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour.
- The duration of the tour includes the round trip to the destination.
- Queues to see the Black Madonna may occur depending on season.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.