Girona and Barcelona Highlights: Guided Day Tour
Discover Girona, one of the most beautiful medieval cities in Catalonia. Take a walking tour of its Old Town and Jewish Quarter, see the Cathedral and the old city walls. Explore it on your own during the free time. Visit Park Güell with a guide and learn about the secrets it hides. Admire Gaudí’s most important buildings and marvel at his artistic skills.
per adult from
11 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Air conditioned motor coach.
- Radio guide system.
- Admission to Park Güell
- Local guide
- Tour operated in both Spanish and English
- Entry/Admission - Parc Guell
What's excluded :
- Entrance to Girona Cathedral.
- Entrances to Sagrada Familia, Casa Milà “La Pedrera” and Casa Batlló
- Food and drinks, unless specified.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Entry/Admission - Basilica of the Sagrada Familia
- Entry/Admission - Casa Batllo
- Entry/Admission - Casa Mila - La Pedrera
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Girona Cathedral (Catedral), Placa de la Catedral, s/n, 17004 Girona Spain
On arrival, follow your guide to the city center for a two-hour walking tour. Discover the Old Town and learn about some of the myths and legends related to the city. Stroll down la Rambla, see some of the most important plazas of Girona and explore its winding alleys. Will you recognize the construction by Eiffel near the Onyar Houses above the river?
See some of the locations where the HBO hit series Game of Thrones filmed many scenes of its sixth season. Admire the exterior of the magnificent Cathedral (SPOILER ALERT!) destroyed on the TV series.
Pass By: Muralles de Girona, Carrer dels Alemanys, 20, 17004 Girona, Spain
Walk along a part of the city medieval walls and marvel at the amazing views of the old town. Originally built in the XIV century, the old walls were destroyed to expand the city in the XIX century. Today, due to the reconstruction of the missing parts it is possible to walk along them.
Take advantage of the free time you will be given after the guided tour and visit the Cathedral on your own or grab a quick bite to eat.
Stop At: Basilica of the Sagrada Familia, Carrer de Mallorca, 401, 08013 Barcelona Spain
This part of the visit consists in a walking tour around the exterior of la Sagrada Familia, where we will discover its history and the symbolism hidden behind its ornamentation
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Parc Guell, Carrer d'Olot, 5, 08024 Barcelona Spain
Enjoy a guided tour of the Park with your local guide and discover why it is one of the most emblematic works by Gaudí. Wonder at the magnificent skills of Gaudí and its organic style, displayed all over the park. Did you know the Park is a World Heritage Site by UNESCO?
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Casa Batllo, Passeig de Gracia, 43, 08007 Barcelona Spain
CASA BATLLÓ: Gaudí projected the refurbishment of a previous existing building of the architect Emilio Sala Cortés. The building was bought by the business man Josep Batlló, who owned several textile factories in Barcelona. At the time Gaudí was an important architect working in several projects at the same time: The Expiatory Temple of la Sagrada Familia, Torre Bellesguard, Park Güell and the restoration of the Santa Maria Cathedral in Palma de Mallorca. Batlló was so impressive with the Gaudi’s work that he recommended the architect to his friend, Pere Milá. Later we will be able to visit Casa Milà, commonly known as la Pedera. Casa Batlló it’s a great example of how Gaudí got his inspiration from nature using organic shapes that had been previously studied by him.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Casa Mila - La Pedrera, Passeig de Gracia, 92, 08008 Barcelona Spain
CASA MILÀ “LA PEDRERA”: The building is located in Passeig de Gracia street chamfer with Provença Street, in the middle of the Eixample. During the industrial growing when the
bourgeoisie became the privilege statement, Gaudí was asked to build a house for the Milà family. Pere Milà i Camps was a rich business man who inherited the fortune made by his father from the textile industry. The Milà Project consisted in a flats building where the first floor would be the residence of the Milà family while the other floors would be divided into several apartments for renting. The construction was delayed several times because the building was supposed to be more high and wide than the dimensions fixed by the municipal government. During the guided tour you will visit the two courtyards, the three last floors (rooftop, attic and one apartment) and the temporal exhibition (the availability of this part is subject to the exhibition calendar). At the end of the visit you will be able to remain in the building as long as you wish.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Carrer de Balmes, 5, 08007 Barcelona, Spain
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :CASA BATLLÓ, 08007 Barcelona, Spain
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes.
- There is approximately 50 min between both parts of the excursions, during this time you will be able to get lunch (not included) in the city centre of Barcelona.
- This tour starts at Central Barcelona and ends at Passeig de Gràcia.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour.
- The duration of the tour includes the round trip to the destination.
- Julià Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary or cancel the tour due to events being celebrated in the city or force majeure reasons.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.