Giant Panda and Leshan Buddha Day Trip from Chengdu
Take this one day Giant Panda and Leshan Buddha day trip to see the cute pandas and the hill-big Buddha. As Chinese national treasures, giant pandas live only in China, most of whom live in the Sichuan province. It is well known that Chengdu is the home of the giant panda and the Giant Panda Breeding Research Base in Chengdu is the best place to visit these lovely creatures. More than 90 pandas are available for you to watch them have fun and enjoy them play in the half open yard. You will also visit the Leshan Giant Buddha, the largest Buddha statue in the world, which is said "The Buddha is a hill, and the hill is a Buddha."
per adult from
What's included :
- Private English-speaking guide
- Private transfer by air-conditioned vehicle with driver during the tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Lunch will be traditional Chinese dishes local restaurant
- Service charges and government taxes
- Insurance for per person
- Entrance tickets of Chengdu Giant Panda Base and Leshan Giant Buddha
- Entry/Admission - Giant Panda Breeding Research Base (Xiongmao Jidi)
- Entry/Admission - Leshan Giant Buddha (Da Fo)
What's excluded :
- The cruise of Leshan Buddha; if you want to take a cruise, you need to pay extra $12 per person
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Giant Panda Breeding Research Base (Xiongmao Jidi), No.1375 Xiongmao Avenue the Outside Northern Third Ring Road, Chenghua District, Chengdu 610081 China
Your private Chengdu tour starts in the early morning around 7am when your guide and driver pick you up from your hotel or the airport.
You will then head to the Giant Panda Breeding Research Base in the suburb, just 10 kms north of Chengdu, where you can see the lovely pandas making various funny movements as they eat and play. There is a great possibility to visit pandas and also walk in the wide and fresh garden of bamboo, which is a pleasant experience.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Leshan Giant Buddha (Da Fo), No.2435 Lingyun Street, Shizhong District, Leshan 614000 China
After visiting the panda garden, drive to Leshan which is about 2 hours on the express way. The wide spreading landscape of the Chengdu plain will not be boring. For lunch, you will enjoy delicious local Chinese Cuisine.
After lunch, your tour guide will show you the wonder of the Leshan Giant Buddha located on the side of the Minjiang river, also known as " Buddha is the hill and the hill is a Buddha." First, you will visit Linyun Temple, which is to commemorate the monk Hai Tong, who collected donations 1000 years ago under difficult conditions and started the construction of this huge work. You will then walk down the zigzagging trail along the left side of Buddha. The Buddha is a small mountain, from its head to its shoulder, and from its leg to its foot is about 30 minutes hiking.
You will then hike up the right side which is a good place to view Leshan city across the intersection of Minjiang River, Dadu River and Qingyi River. At last, if time permitted, you could go on to pay a visit of Wuyou temple, where you will enjoy the statue of 500 Arhats.
After Hiking, you can take a cruise along the rivers to see the Buddha from the water (optional program - need to pay extra money about $12 USD).
In the late afternoon your driver will take 2 hours driving on the express way again. Just enough time for you to have a short nap in your vehicle. While arriving in Chengdu in the late afternoon, your guide and driver will escort you back to your hotel or the airport. End this excursion tour with plenty of great memories.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your hotel in Chengdu
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.